Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 9:27:21 PM EDT
I was browing a local gunshop and they have a Hesse G3/HK91 style rifle for sale.  It does not have a trigger group assembly, but is otherwise a complete rifle.  I asked the guy behind the counter about it and he said it's not a named weapon so they can legally sell it in it's current form (without the trigger group).  He also said he can order any G3/HK91 clone receiver as long as it's not actually made by HK, such as the SW or POF receivers.

Other than the fact that Hesse guns are garbage, is there anything fishy about this?  If the guy is right, then how come I don't see companies pumping out G3 clones with fixed mags or non PG for sale in CA?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:46:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Well this IS actually legal to do but many FFL's say it is a grey area and there not willing to risk it.If the FFL is selling a grip with trigger pack in his shop next to the rifle as an accessory then he will be in trouble.Even with a semi-pack on a Hesse it still would function as a single shot.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:25:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#3]
It is legal... HK-91's were banned by name.... If its not marked HK91 specificaly then it is California Legal.  Also it cannot have a PISTOL grip on it, or it will be classified as and Assault Weapon  by its features (Detachable mag + Pistol Grip= AW).  Im not sure if that means NO Trigger pack installed as it has the Frame part that can function as a pistol grip or just with out the plastic grip installed.  (CA Def: A pistol grip is a grip that protrudes conspicously bellow the action...[something like that])

Its just like the FAL TYPE rifles, They are legal aslong as it doenst have a pistol grip installed OR if it is modified to have a NON-Detachable mag, then a pistol grip is okay... These laws are soooo Lame!

Are you looking for one? I have a G3 with a FMP reciver with correct number of US parts installed. It was completed by Arizona Precision Arms (BIG50). It has been completly refinished and looks like a brand new rifle. I was very impressed when I first got it back. low on Cash so I may have to sell it pretty soon.  If you interested let me know. I havent even shot it yet... I might do that today!

Hesse = Dog shit
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Are you looking for one? I have a G3 with a FMP reciver with correct number of US parts installed. It was completed by Arizona Precision Arms (BIG50). It has been completly refinished and looks like a brand new rifle. I was very impressed when I first got it back. low on Cash so I may have to sell it pretty soon.  If you interested let me know. I havent even shot it yet... I might do that today!

Yes I am, provided that they're legal.  Where are you located? Email sent.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Bosko, I have sent an email to you but have yet to hear a reply, if you didn't receive it please send me an email at [email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top