Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 11:26:18 AM EDT
does anyone know of any place to go varmint hunting in central ca? the closer to sf the better. I havnt heard of any place to shoot around here except for ranges.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Im wondering the same thing. I got invited to go on my friends private property in sunol to shoot squirells.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Im wondering the same thing. I got invited to go on my friends private property in sunol to shoot squirells.

isnt that far away from wa? just wondering.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out the CA BLM website.

They have all the info you need. Also check out the CA DFG website.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:01:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Where in Central California?  It's a loooong state!

EAM  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#5]
well i live between san francisco and san jose. redwood city to be exact.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I would head east and scope out some farmland, orchards or alfalfa for ground squirrels.  Track down the landowner and offer some free pest control.  It sounds difficult, but it isn't actually.  Make sure the first few times you dress normal, like t-shirts and jeans.  Make some business cards, hand them out, post them at small stores and gas stations.  In California, you need to cultivate quality hunting spots.  Being a varmint hunter has its advantages, because you are doing a service.  Just follow their requests to the letter (ie: shoot all coyotes, close all gates, don't shoot near irrigation pipes) and you should do fine.

Not specific, but I hope this helps some.

EAM  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#7]
thanks i was thinking about going to feed stores and posting a sign and leaving some cards with the owners. has anyone erer tried this approach?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top