Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 6:19:28 PM EDT
Hello all.
I'm new to the forums here and was directed to this forum by a member. I have a small question and was hoping you all can answer this here.
Are AR15 type collapsible stock legal to own on a shotgun? Specific model is a Mossberg 590 and a Remington 870. Thanks in advanced.

-Rich
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it is.  I plan on getting an SST-870.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep in mind that some of the stock adapters move the position of the toe on the buttstock significantly upward.   The CAR stock is designed to be in line with the bore of the weapon.  A conventional Shotgun stock is well below the center of the bore.  Thus you may need to mount an optic or some elevated sight system to be able to aim the weapon in a natural position.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the guys I shoot with makes an adaptor to put a CAR-15 style stock on a 870 or Mossy 500. I think he sells them for $40 and then you can pick up the stock from where ever you want. If your interested, email me at [email protected] and I'll put you in contact with him.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the confirmation Gents.
Not to detract from the fact that this is a AR15 board, but does anyone have any suggestions for a AR15 stock adapter that allows you to get a proper cheek weld to aim with stock sights on a shotgun? I've seen several (but NOT in person) stock adapters and some of them do look like they will off-set the front sight. I'm looking at either a Mossberg 590 or Remington 870. Sources would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

-Rich
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:35:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
does anyone have any suggestions for a AR15 stock adapter that allows you to get a proper cheek weld to aim with stock sights on a shotgun?

There's a company that has them for sale in the BLUE PRESS from Dillon Precision.  I can't think of their name, but their adapter has the angle to it that would allow you to use the existing sights.

Most of the other makers are all straight in line with the bore.  Do a google for Dillion's web site, and you'll find it for sale there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top