Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/13/2004 1:10:11 PM EDT
hello there,
would like to notify arfcommers to join us at burro canyon on the 10th of oct. at 9:00 am.
if you are not a member of burro canyon $15.00 to shoot the private range and tell them you are meeting up with your group at TAC3a. i could not reserve tac7.
so there it is see you there!!!!!!! i had reserved the range for 10 of us. if more show up we need another member of burro to reserve and sign in. if anything changes i will post it on this board.

meat

[added warning in title - Paul]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Alright Meat you are gonna have to sign me in again buddy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#2]
got ammo????? just kiddin no prob.
hey is that vid  too big to e-mail me?bro my lmt bolt failed again. the springs took set.
just put back in my usgi bolt.

meat
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]
thank you , your moderateness!!!!!

meat
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Hitman....if you can email it to me, that would be great.

[email protected]

Just remove one portion........I'll see if I can find a suitable host.

Looking forward to the next one....:)

How about posting the pics from last shoot here.........courtesy of Hitman.  Now all we need is the acompanying video.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to show up if people will be nice to me.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#7]
why shouldn't we be nice tj.
come on show up please!!!!!! i'll buy you a lollipop

meat
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd show up but I don't own any guns yet.  And I'm not giving you guys ALL of my ammo!  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#9]
meateater
can i join the party? also i have a military buddy who wants to com along he's gonna bring some soda pop and chips if you know what i mean...further more i had trouble getting in on the private range on sunday.  but i still shot at the public range, next time on the 10th of oct. do you need to sign me in? or do i tell them im going to tac3a to meet some friends there? also where are you guys gonna meet up at?  the area around the flag pole by the office or down by tac3a?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:43:52 AM EDT
[#10]
bang bang,
you are more than welcome. just go to the office pay the fee, ad let them know you are meeting up with friends at tac3a. sorry we missed ya banger. i really tried looking for others that day. but this time you know where we are going to be at, so come up and say hello. just make sure to check this post the night before just to make sure that everything is still a go. make sure everything ya bring up is legal .
see ya there!

meat
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey are we doing the tactical stuff on this outing?

If so don't forget to bring your holsters and have slings for your rifles. A few magazine carriers and knee pads would be good too.

If we are just going to be blasting away that would be fine too.

This range has covered benches too right?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm still up for it too.....does anyone have any target stands?  As if we set up a couple...it might be cheaper to just build some out of PVC for continous use.

Any luck finding a someplace to host the video's Hitman?

Would like to see how it all came out!

Quoted:
Hey are we doing the tactical stuff on this outing?

If so don't forget to bring your holsters and have slings for your rifles. A few magazine carriers and knee pads would be good too.

If we are just going to be blasting away that would be fine too.

This range has covered benches too tight?

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:02:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I plan to be there, but it is too far off to make any handshakes.  Looks like it was a good time though.  

Is that overhead provided by the range?  I can get some target stands, but can you bring anything other than paper?  No, I'm not talking about TVs: I mean targets that you can police up.  I'm just a little tired of paper's indiference.  I'd like to see some reaction.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#14]
yes , but that was on tac7. we are going to a different one this time its TAC3A.
you can bring your own tagets. but for now no steel core ammo or anything that might cause a spark.
bowling pins ,etc. they have target stands there if you need to rent them.   looking forward to seeing you next shoot.

meat
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#15]
hitman, bring your gear just in case .
if we have a small turnout , then we can do some fun shit.
let rovek,mr. suzuki know too. i'll bring my gear.

p.s. sh*t everybody bring your gear!!!!!!

meat
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#16]
where's 3A?  Is that by the shoot house?  is it it behind one we were at the last time?  were we on 7 the last time?

Heheh.....can't wait for this time, but I think i'll be out of .308 by them....only have a couple hundred left.

Time to look for more ammo again.

Quoted:
yes , but that was on tac7. we are going to a different one this time its TAC3A.
you can bring your own tagets. but for now no steel core ammo or anything that might cause a spark.
bowling pins ,etc. they have target stands there if you need to rent them.   looking forward to seeing you next shoot.

meat

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#17]
it was right behind us. where the cool guy was shooting by himself.
bring your gear just in case.

meat
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#18]
gotcha.....i'll bring what i have here, no chest rigs though, but i can still stuff a few magazine in my belt, unless they slip through, and fall down my pants.

*sigh*....that wouldn't be very tactical.

too bad we can't have this shoot this coming sunday.....anxious!

a whole month!

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Is there a tent or cover on that Tac3 range?

Need to know if I have to bring the suntan lotion or not.

Meat - clean your guns.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#20]
no cover,
and hell no i aint cleaning my guns!
just kiddin , going over it with a fine toooth brush....

meat
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll be there.

Can I bring my full body armor and helmet?

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#22]
dont see why not.....
as long as i get to bring my apc...

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#23]
TJ....well, it may come in handy, I'll be bringing a couple friends who want to try bump firing again....if that's okay with the Meat.

If all goes as planned, and we're running to the targets....might get a little hot.

After.....can we check how effective your armor is against our rifles?  

Quoted:
I'll be there.

Can I bring my full body armor and helmet?

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Do we have a headcount?

So far....I'm looking at 5 coming (Meat, 1's a member of Burro, in case we go over 10 folks)

Mistersuzuki---------5
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Here is a clip from the video I shot.
I extracted the section of the Tec22 for a post on another thread..

This video is of a SEMI-AUTO. Just have a fast trigger finger.

Right click and SAVE AS.....

Link to download short Tec 22 video
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#26]
we should have about 10 people come up so far.
very nice hoped to double the size of our last shoot.
mister suzuki, i have a spare chest rig that will fit you. i'll bring it up.

meat
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks Meat......can't wait for the next one, and hopefully we'll get a better showing this time!

I'll be sure to bring a digital camera for those action shots.....and does anyone have a timer w/buzzer.....like IDPA/IPSC type?  In case we want to see who's the quickest!

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#28]
What kind of range is this? distance? Do i need to bring my own target stands ect?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm not sure on the distance, I believe its about 50 yards, at least TAC 3A.

They have target stands for rent, but you'll need a target base, or something to hold your targets....as there's no place to put them in, unless you dig it into the ground.

Just no TV's, glass, appliances, etc.  What we do, is use skeet/trap target pucks, and put them down range.

You can make a simple stand out of PVC pipe from home depot....for less than $20 per stand.

It looks like turnout should be pretty good this time, it'll be nice to see a few ARfcomers out there......and not "talk" about shooting, but actually doing it.  It seems the norm on most gun forums......talk about shooting, but hardly anyone shows up.

I'll have one of the kids make an AR15 rifle stand sign, to guide everyone to the range.  Make it easier for some of us to see.

See you all there!

Quoted:
What kind of range is this? distance? Do i need to bring my own target stands ect?

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#31]
everyone is invited to come up.  tac3a is about 50-75 yds i beleive.
you can rent target stands there or bring up your own stands.
the whole purpose of this shoot is to meet and greet our fellow arfcommers.
just hang out and shoot our weapons, a lil bit of training. re-loading , double tap, etc.........

chen i hope you can make it also!!!!!!!!!!! this is really gonna be a fun shoot.

meat
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like couple of webshooters will be there as well
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Anyone know if this is still a go?  On the news last night they were talking about forest closings, and something like 80-90% is closed/will be closed due to the fire hazard.  They are even kicking residents out!

Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#34]
checking right now.

called joe today,  we are still a GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
east fork  is open and not effected.
so show up!!!!!

meat
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Have room for any more?  Sorry, I've been out of the country for the last few months, just found out about this.  I'd love to meet some of you if I can.  Only problem is.... I don't have much more than my pistols .....would that suffice?  Any idea how long to get there from san diego?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#36]
tjmz,
i think we  should have room for ya.
the more the merrier,any other members of burro reserve tac 4 or another range??
i think it will take you around 2.5 hrs or 2.o to get up here from san diego.
see ya there.

meat
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#37]
You can shoot mine, bring some ammo
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Meat,

I dont' think it should be a problem, but no matter how many show up, we'll have room for everyone.

I'll bring a 7.62 x 51 rifle, a .223, .45, and 9mm.

So if you have the ammo, you're more than welcome to shoot what I have.  Everyone else going is pretty like me....friendly, outgoing, and LOVE to SHARE!

So please, even lurkers.......come by!  As Meat said....the more, the merrier.

EDIT: "....pretty MUCH like me....."

Quoted:
tjmz,
i think we  should have room for ya.
the more the merrier,any other members of burro reserve tac 4 or another range??
i think it will take you around 2.5 hrs or 2.o to get up here from san diego.
see ya there.

meat

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Great!

So, I will do my best to come.....I'm in college right now, so I'll have to check with my midterm schedule....professors have no understanding about how much their class, reading, homework, and exam schedules conflict with my leisure time!

to recap:  I bring ammo, firearms, and myself.  Anything else?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
to recap:  I bring ammo, firearms, and myself.  Anything else?  

Food and drinks!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#41]
this little sh*t i started is getting way outta hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i love it!!!!!!!!!
we are going to do this on the 2nd sunday of every month from now on. wheter it's at burro or somewhere else...  this is so freaking cool.. i'll bring up my rifles ad handguns.  every one is welcome to shoot my weaos also . 7.62x51, 5.56x45, and 9mm

meat
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#42]
I HAVE to ask...

I've never been to Burro Canyon:

I know people who didn't register their "assault weapons"
under Calif law- how risky would it be to shoot "those"
there?

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#43]
lonewolf,
all i can say is if it's not legal don't bring it. but you sir are more than welcome to come up. now if this were the great outdoors then the risk they run is their own.
would love to meet ya.
i think we will have a mix of civies, miltary, and leo 's . which is whom ?, i dont know and i dont care.
as long as the people are there to meet new friends and share ideas and info.
see ya there!!!lonewolf

hey mister suzuki, any luck on making a sign for us? so arfcommers willo recognize?
if not no worries, the night before i will once again directions  to tac3a.

meat
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Meat,

Yes, I'll have 3 signs of an "AR15 rifle on a stick"....

I'll post some pics once I finish.

Lonewolf, I'd suggest anything that's not kosher, just leave at home.

I for one, will bring all my registered semi-auto's, and will have no problem at all if any LEO, or anyone asks for my paperwork, or runs them through their 'puters.

But for the record, in the 12 years I've had these here in the PRK......I've NEVER been asked for any of them, even when I volunteer to show it to LEO's who have stopped by some local ranges to see what we're doing, they just take my word for it, and want to shoot my stuff......

Actually, I believe we have quite a few LEO's showing up.  But I/we generally don't care......all I care about is, "What'cha got?", and "Can I try?"

PS  If you want to bring your "un-registered" stuff, next time you come up here to Las Vegas, make sure its on the 3rd Saturday of every month, mornings from about 9:00 till afternoon, exit 25, drive east into the mountains for about 1.5 miles..stop at the "The Pit", and you'll see stuff most PRK residents can only dream of: RPK, M16, SBR, Barrett .50 Semi-Auto's, HK, etc.......all, or not most are machineguns
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#45]
I had a request for a clip of the 10/22 Krink kit video so here is the extracted snippet for anyone else interested in getting the kit.

Right Click HERE and SAVE AS
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
lonewolf,
all i can say is if it's not legal don't bring it. but you sir are more than welcome to come up. now if this were the great outdoors then the risk they run is their own.
would love to meet ya.
i think we will have a mix of civies, miltary, and leo 's . which is whom ?, i dont know and i dont care.
as long as the people are there to meet new friends and share ideas and info.
see ya there!!!lonewolf

hey mister suzuki, any luck on making a sign for us? so arfcommers willo recognize?
if not no worries, the night before i will once again directions  to tac3a.

meat

This has gotten out of control and the place will be crawling with FEDs now.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, we cant' get our hopes up.......I just hope the same 4 of us aren't the ONLY ones to show up again.

Either way, none of us have any problems in the FED's come....we're all legal, and safe from the INS too....:)

Just be sure to bbring enough ammo.....I'll bring my toys, but I dont' have ammo.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:43:10 PM EDT
[#48]
tj,
you had better show up!!!!!
AND DONT FREAK OUT YOU GUYS!!!!!
aint nobody gonna be there to hassle us..........

meat
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:56:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Are you talking about me, sir?

I promise to do my very best.  I have a midterm the next day, monday, so I plan on not doing anything on Friday or Saturday except study.....This in and of itself implies a warning, however.  I may be a little frazzled from studying and might need to let off a little steam....My classes this quarter are seriously intense.  I'm taking 5:  Organic Chem, Genetics, Russian, Foreign Affairs and Nat'l Security Issues, and Public Policy Analysis....So please forgive the wild eyed look and stuttering....
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:34:56 PM EDT
[#50]
no not you, i meant tactical jew.
but you better show up too....
you can always study in between  the lull in action.

people there aint no feds or shit like that..
tactical was just kiddin(i think
)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top