Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 1:21:39 PM EDT
 Just thought  I'd pass on a project I was working on for some time.
Equipment
- Mill w/ DRO
- Drills, Tap, EndMills, etc.
- Files
- High Temp Plastic (for Magazine)
.22lr AR
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#1]
wow did you actually make that red lower?

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#3]
  Sorry,  yes that was my thread.  The lower was built from a 0% forging (block of aluminum that looks like a rough lower).  I also did a Fab10 style from a 0% forging.  Great forum for the home builder/gunsmith types.  The 0% forgings cost me $18.00 ea,  already had the mill and tooling,  then just read up on the forum and started making chips.  I've been working on Benchrest guns for a few years,  then got insterested in the Gas Guns.  AR15.com is a great place to share ideas.
Thanks for the great topics fellas,  you got me interested in the CA .22lr project.
Fab10 style Project
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
How long did the 0% .22 lower take?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#5]
  The Mrs.  only lets me go off to the garage for an hour or so a few days a week,  it probably took about 8hrs to do all the setup and machining,  and the magazine took about 2-3hrs to machine, modify, experiment, re-modify untill worked flawless.  Learning easier ways to setup forging to speed things up though.  
  I shot the .22lr a couple of weekends ago and it cycled great and grouped well with cheap ammo,  so untill my baby is born and I can sneak away for a few minutes to go to the range,  I can order up some better ammo and see what it can do.  Any suggestions on ammo for the DPMS?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top