Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2004 5:13:40 AM EDT
Anyone know any in the So. Kalifornia area..? Gold coast is gone Dont know what happend to arms usa.

Is there any stores with alot of selections?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:10:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:11:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Turner's www.turners.com/ has a good selection and reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:05:40 AM EDT
[#3]
fowlers and the stockade are decent, but their prices aren't.  Grant's is alright for looking, good sale once in a great while.  Redding's in the LA area sometimes has some good consignment stuff.  LA Guns is okay too.  You're not going to find any stores like what you see in other states because people out here don't buy the guns like they would if there wasn't this stigma about them as it is in this state.  Online sales are likely to be more significant than retail due to the tax issues.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyone know any in the So. Kalifornia area..? Gold coast is gone Dont know what happend to arms usa.

Is there any stores with alot of selections?

I miss Gold Coast too.  Too bad I didn't find out about them until about 4 or 5 months before they closed down.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#5]
at fowlers they have some decent prices on SOME of the stuff, you just need to know how much you should be paying.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought Paul the moderator had a good selection!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#7]
i never liked gold coast, been there once heard one of the workers tell a customer that "blued guns dont rust", not worth going back. they used to go to the gun shows, but since the owner died they closed down.

www.kingsgunworks.comin glendale is a nice little shop with good knowledgable people, they are also excellent gun smiths.

rettings in culver city has a lot of stuff, but there used gun prices are higher than new prices elsewhere.

the thing to remember is -- in kali theres lots of knowledgable gun owners and guns, but not many people who publicly talk about it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Turners is ok selection and price wise, but don't go there looking for information from the salespeople.  The last time I went, the guy told me AB50 is just a "rumor" and it's a felony to put a 20 round magazine into an M14 or Mini-14.  BTW, ARM USA keeps promising it's coming back but can't seem to find the right location.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I thought Paul the moderator had a good selection!

He does!!      that bastard!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#10]
ARMS USA was great, but MIA for now.  Turners is good, but I agree that their sales people don't know much.  FLAG GUNS in La Habra/Brea area is also good and friendly.  I bought a AR lower from GoldCoast before they moved to the new location.  Too bad they're gone.  They had good sales.  Hope ARMS USA comes back, but with the AB50 passed... just have to wait and see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top