Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 6:17:05 PM EDT
Here is a heads up on the status of the air show for all you folks who plan to attend this year. It was a pain to get into, almost 3 hours but well worth it.
=========================================================================
www.edwards.af.mil/oh.html

AFFTC commander announces cancellation of 2004 air show

Due to a variety of important reasons, I have cancelled the 2004 Edwards Air Force Base Open House and Air Show. I know this annual event is something that Team Edwards, the surrounding communities and air show fans from around the world look forward to each year, and I regret that we will not be able to conduct it this year.

Our country is currently engaged in a global war on terrorism, and all of our military resources and efforts must go toward supporting that cause. At the Air Force Flight Test Center that translates into conducting and supporting research, development, test and evaluation of aerospace systems from concept to combat. The important work that we do at Edwards in flight test affects the warfighter on a daily basis, and to that end, we must focus our energy accordingly during this important period in our nation's history.

I assure you that the cancellation is not related to organizational command changes within the Air Force Flight Test Center nor is it related to any specific terrorist threat. Business continues as usual, with heightened awareness, and we always stand ready to protect the installation's resources and the personnel who live and work here no matter what the threat level.

We still plan to host an open house and air show in October 2005 and will announce that date as we get closer.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter, and thank you for all you do for America's Air Force.

- Maj. Gen. Doug Pearson, AFFTC commander
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks! I only live 10 mins. from there but yes it does get very crowded.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top