Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2004 2:15:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
90 days after my retirement date I have to once again cripple the thing back to California's Un-Constitutional compliance.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=81

"Normal"

No you dont!, You could treat your firearms the way they are supposed to be treated and take them to the safety of a free state!

Do it for the Children Rifles!

Otherwise You look like you did a heck of a job, and it just go's to show how stupid these laws are, and how simple it is to get around them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Along the same line, anyone knows how to pin a mag release on M14 so that one can use a pistol grip stock ?
TIA.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#4]
After the AWB sunset, I may consider pinning my M14 for this

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#5]
You'll have to use a 10 round mag as well, more than 10 is a CaliBan No-No

BTW, the CA-DOJ will only decide whether to prosecute or not, The Courts will make a ruling.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh, WRT stripper clips...

If you get Australlian .308 surplus, you can get it pre-packed in bandoliers on stripper clips...

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe if you have an inch cut receiver, you don't need to do the Dreneling you did to get the stripper top cover to work , since the inch recever has the tab cuts for an original stripper clip top cover.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Hello Paul,

Nice and knowledgable posting there. I think it's the only solution to Kaliban.

By the way, Ohio Rapid Fire said that they will do the CA-legal job for $65.00. I think I would buy some CA-legal FAL from them.

Happy shooting! RKBA!hug.gif
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Paul, send me your illegal guns.
Link Posted: 11/19/2004 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/29/2004 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I wrote the DOJ about this and they said the magazine should be welded in place.

Does anyone have a letter saying that the modified magazine catch is legal as-is without the welding?
Link Posted: 11/30/2004 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#13]
DOJ can take whatever position it want and prosecute accordingly.

The law clearly states that a magazine is detatchable if it can be removed without tools.

This modification cannnot be removed without an allen wrench.

I have perfomed this mo, although I use a blsocked 20 round mag, it looks better to me.
Link Posted: 11/30/2004 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
DOJ can take whatever position it want and prosecute accordingly.

The law clearly states that a magazine is detatchable if it can be removed without tools.

This modification cannnot be removed without an allen wrench.

I have perfomed this mo, although I use a blsocked 20 round mag, it looks better to me.

I understand that, however when it comes to Mr. Joe Schmo knows-nothing-about-firearms LEO who wants to look at my guns, I like having the paper to back up my claims that it is legal, so rather than a "son, let's talk downtown" I get a "have a nice day."
Link Posted: 12/1/2004 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I understand and share your concerns.

I registerd my AWs and carry a copy of the registration, even though I'm not required to.

I printed out a copy of the AW ban, highlighted the section that mentions detatchable mags, and stuck it in my range bag.

I don't think DOJ is going to send anyone a letter to help them in any way that is gun related.

BTW, not that it WON'T happen, but I've been pretty active shooting since the ban, I've never been asked by anyone about legality/registration, or forms to prove either.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Citadel,

What did you do to block the 20rnd magazine?
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Man and I though Massachusetts was getting bad. Mass. Gets Electronic Gun Fingerprinting.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Citadel,

What did you do to block the 20rnd magazine?

I had a guy out of state do it, then send it to me, because I wasn't going to ruin a perfectly good mag.

Here's what he did:  Load 10 rounds into the top of a disassembled mag, then neasure the distance to the baseplate.  Took him some messing around, but he came up with the correct length wood block that would fit inside the spring coils and prevent 11 rounds from being loaded with the baseplate on.  Then he tig welded to plate on to make it a permanent mod.

Another way is to pop a rivet into the mag to limit follower movement past 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You'll have to use a 10 round mag as well, more than 10 is a CaliBan No-No

BTW, the CA-DOJ will only decide whether to prosecute or not, The Courts will make a ruling.

why wouldn't your local DA make that decision?

Also has the CA DOJ prosecuted anyone yet?
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#20]
I'n not certain about prosecutions, but I'd bet they haven't even filed against anyone that didn't have a mess of other problems like domestic abuse, etc.

I get the feeling that that's the only way most people are going to get popped for this.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#22]
dsa's been selling the sa58 w/modified mag.  I've seen it at the NonFunShows at cal expo...I'd like to have one but for almost 2k, I just turn away and look else where
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:30:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
dsa's been selling the sa58 w/modified mag.  I've seen it at the NonFunShows at cal expo...I'd like to have one but for almost 2k, I just turn away and look else where

Aww man, but they are the best!

Once I move outta here and (you know) get those millions of dollars because it starts growing on trees, a DSA FAL is on my list.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:50:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Once I move outta here and (you know) get those millions of dollars because it starts growing on trees, a DSA FAL is on my list.

same here....if I ever escape from this state, I'd then go out and get me one and another probably.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:38:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

same here....if I ever escape from this state, I'd then go out and get me one and another probably.

Yea....

Until then, I've got my parts and receiver up at Century Gun Works right now being assembled, refinished and tested.

Woo hoo!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top