Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2004 10:15:48 PM EDT
Hello, I am selling a mil-spec operator, and the gentlemen who wants to purchase it lives in CA.  I was wondering if this gun is on your state's approved list?

Not sure how I would find out, so I figured I would ask you.  Obviously, its going to an FFL, so they will either transfer it or not, but I would like to avoid any and all confusion and clear it up before hand.

Thanks for your help guys,
Scott
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#1]
ALSO, the mil-spec does NOT have the ILS components in it either, if that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#2]
You can search handguns that are certified as well as un-certified at the DOJ website here;

justice.doj.ca.gov/safeguns/safeguns_new.taf

With just a quick glance at the springfield section, I think you will need the model number to help decipher their list. hope this helps
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I brought my mil-spec Springfield into the state and registered it as required without issue.

Check the list just to be sure.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you ask the buyer to check? Since it will have to be sent to a CA FFL they will know.

Worst case? It's not on the list, the transfer however will go through and the buyer will be left owning a handgun he cannot take possession of. So the worst case won't affect you at all. If you want to help the guy out just contact his FFL before shipping the handgun and ask him. He has the list.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#5]
IF the gun isnt on the CA DOJ list... the only way you can bring it into teh state is if you are Moving here as a permenant resident.  

we've had many "retiree's" coming to the sunshine state with a boat load of guns.

one time registration for all your weapons.. assault rifles not included.

CODE3USA GUNSHOP
35 W. VALLEY BLVD. #C
ALHAMBRA, CA. 91801
626/308-9889
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top