Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2003 9:50:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:23:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Well there is Turners as far as gun stores go (Orange and Fountain valley) Bust as far as gun ranges go, I like On Target... its cleaner and brighter than the firing line.

I am sick and tired of this crap. We lost South coast Gun Club in Irvine a few years back when they were building the toll road. They said that due to safety issues to the workers involved that they had to close that range but it would reopen after the toll road was complete.

When they tried to reopen it, the state said "No" they had to pull this permit, that permit, perform some sort of land impact study. Just was not worth it for the owners to sink that much money into it so... it is history.

For such a conservative county we sure have NO resources for shooting anymore. What we need is someone who has enough money and love for the sport to re open that range.

I have the love for it... but my wallet doesnt.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#2]
You actually visit DU everyday?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well there is Turners as far as gun stores go (Orange and Fountain valley)

Lots of gun stores in NORTH county.  On target is the last one south of the 5 & 405 spilt (South County)
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lots of gun stores in NORTH county.  On target is the last one south of the 5 & 405 spilt (South County)

What about True Outdoorsman off of Avery and the 5? are they still there? Last time I was in there was like 4 years ago. Their prices were a little higher than Turners and I had one kid helping me there who OBVIOUSLY knew more about firearms than I did.

I remember one time this lady and her husband (Middle eastern decent) came in all pissed off as hell at the store. she had a gun in a case and yelled at the store manager 'HOW DARE YOU SELL MY SON THIS GUN!!! HE IS GOING THROUGH DEPRESSION!!!'

The store manager said "Ma'am, he is over 21 and filled out the proper paperwork and was cleared by the state, what do you want me to do??" She then demanded her sons money back... she wanted it handled like a return at Nordstroms. He just kept on insisting that it just doesnt work that way.

MAN was she pissed.

...AND NO I do NOT visit DU everyday...matter of fact i avoid it like the plague. (Sorry, didnt mean to insult the plague) That place used to give me agita.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about True Outdoorsman off of Avery and the 5? are they still there?

Changed their name to Outdoorsman Express for a couple years.  About 2 years ago they were burglarized, suspects stole about 90 Handguns, business never recoverd after that and closed about 6 months ago.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#6]
90 handguns. That's disturbing. Imagine where they ended up.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#7]
When i lived at home i use to go to on target from day one did so twice a week.Also bought my first gun from true aoutdoorsman as well as a couple of others.Sucks to hear true outdoorsman closed the owner as well as the gun employees were very nice and informative.Always friendly.I now live in fullerton and have been going to arm usa i like to go to a local store and will do so as long as the service is excellent no matter the price
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Drove by On Target the other day, doors were open and cars parked out front... looked like they were still open for business.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:32:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Watch the BS quotient at ArmUSA.  I've been in there a few times and I've had the guy behind the counter and at the desk pull shit out of their asses for answers.  To wit a question about Norinco Shotguns, what would be their price.  Answer was they don't make them, never will and just vaporware.  (The fact that I had held one at a non-local store the week before prompted the question.)  They even went through the motions of calling their distributor while I was there to confirm the non-availability.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice stuff. Overpriced for the Orange County crowd.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Arm-Usa very nice stuff!I went there awhile ago to buy a 1919A4 and wanted to get one in .308 and the guy laughed,he told me to get in 30.06.I asked why and he said all the .308 1919's jam.I asked why and he said because the .308 round doesn't have enough blowback power in the round to cycle the bolt properly.They had it on sale for $2500.I called Rapid Fire and bought mine new for $1200 in .308,go figure......
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Arm-Usa very nice stuff!I went there awhile ago to buy a 1919A4 and wanted to get one in .308 and the guy laughed,he told me to get in 30.06.I asked why and he said all the .308 1919's jam.I asked why and he said because the .308 round doesn't have enough blowback power in the round to cycle the bolt properly.They had it on sale for $2500.I called Rapid Fire and bought mine new for $1200 in .308,go figure......

I went for the same exact thing! The 1919a4. I asked how much...then walked out to never return. {EDITED TO ADD: I found out they are TNW 1919's which explains the high price}
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:24:26 PM EDT
[#13]
was at the costa mesa gun show couple weeks ago, met a guy who said he works at On Target. said the whole thing was BS. the place is a popular spot for Federal Law Enforcement to shoot at. he said everything the DOJ took was robinson arms and fals withOUT the pistol grip, of course the DOJ will find 1 thing wrong and take everything.
dont remember what else he told me, if the place is still open then maybe someone should go in and get some details. but as i suspected it was just harrassment.

the DOJ is also at the gun shows, going after the dealers, no more dealers = no more legal gun buys, and no more gun shows. then they will just push the gun business underground.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Any updates???? I pray to hear a story of the CA-DOJ getting slapped silly by a judge and a courtesy return of a civil lawsuit.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 11:45:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Well you aren't supposed to have anything wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top