Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 9:37:31 PM EDT
Assuming the federal AWB sunsets, would there be any future effect on the Cal government (Legislature and Governator) in either direction?

CW
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 8:12:54 AM EDT
[#1]
We should be able to have all the features without restriction, such as flash suppressor, pistol grip, etc.  If McClintock was elected we might have a better chance at knocking off some of CA's choking and useless gun laws, but I doubt if Arnold would do a damn thing about it.  From what I've seen, laws enacted in the name of public safety, however stupid, are usually left in place by subsequent parties in power.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#2]
from my take on when the AW sunsents and all the kewl features can once again be brought back to assault rifles, we will still be stuck under the Kali-ban.  SB23 is the one that still gets us.  SB23 permits all those fun things on aw's like hi cap mags, pistol grips and the like.  the best analogy i can give is this.  it is leagal to own a ak-47 under federal law (so you could own one in arizona.) but b/c we live in the great state of CA it is prohibited.  so that is the deal.  Lord willing SB23 will be lifted and we can all go buy ar-15's and have a good time.  

here are some links to check out:
www.awbansunset.com/

if you want to see some of the great propoganda that anti assualt weapons folks are spewing out check out the flash movie on this sight:
www.banassaultweapons.org/

-Dan
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#3]
but, i should be able to pimp out my registered "assault weapon" right?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:37:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking about pimping out my sar-1.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:34:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Federal AWB has little impact. The best potential is the Silveria case about the 9th ruling that the late registration for retired LEOs was unconstitutional per "equal protection" rights.

Perata responded with SB268 or some number which changed the infraction of a simple unregistered AW for retire LEOs and LEOs to a ticket infraction from a felony. Still an equal protection problem, IMO.

This is the gem in the Silveira case that is going unnoticed because the TX idiots that think they know everything... like the Bun Man.

I perused Lockyer's forced response and it didn't appear to address this adequately. This is Gorski's best shot at having SCOTUS invalid Robertti-Roos and SB23.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#6]
When will SCOTUS hear this case ???
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#7]
what/who is SCOTUS?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#8]
SCOTUS = Supreme Court of the United States.

Now see if you can figure out who/what POTUS is...
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#9]
President of The United States.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#10]
OK kids, how about FLOTUS? We get this one right I have others.

CW
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:55:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
OK kids, how about FLOTUS? We get this one right I have others.

CW

I give, what's FLOTUS?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#12]
FLOTUS = First Lady of the United States
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
FLOTUS = First Lady of the United States

BINGO! Now let's try some simple ones such as NCA, JCS, DCI, DRNSA and DU.

CW

Link Posted: 11/1/2003 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#14]
NCA
National Carbine Association
haha
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

if you want to see some of the great propoganda that anti assualt weapons folks are spewing out check out the flash movie on this sight:
www.banassaultweapons.org/

-Dan

I love that movie - so many pretty guns!

The message is warped and useful for swaying the weak-minded, but my.. all the pretty guns!
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#16]
No.

And the Silviera case is too far-reaching to be successful.  The SCOTUS is not about to repeal 22,000 gun laws in a single stroke, despite the clear mandate of the Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#17]
The Kali AWB specifically omits rimfires, so after the Fed AWB expires, you'll be able to, legally, put a folding stock, flash hideers, ect. on a 10/22, or other rimfire. But thats all.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The Kali AWB specifically omits rimfires, so after the Fed AWB expires, you'll be able to, legally, put a folding stock, flash hideers, ect. on a 10/22, or other rimfire. But thats all.

What about putting a .22 conversion kit in an AR15 thus making it a "rimfire" weapon? the law SPECIFICALLY says "Centerfire"
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:13:30 AM EDT
[#19]
People tried that but no go because of the series thing and that its easily reversable.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
but, i should be able to pimp out my registered "assault weapon" right?

I say yes!! So long as it is a regestered rifle.

If someone dose not agree with me on this, could they please tell why.

The AWB on C-Stocks, and FS's is a federal ban, and the way I see it it that when it is gone you still own a CA. regertered AW that brakes no federal, or CA. laws

KZ
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
People tried that but no go because of the series thing and that its easily reversable.

A specifically manufactured 22lr would meet the qualifications of the law, though. (assuming it didn't exceed other features, blah blah blah)
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Since Silveira bit the dust, do we have anything else viable in the pipeline?  
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Here is a thought.  I live in Washington State…Cali says I can not and sell you a magazine that is over 10 rounds, heck I can not even list it on ebay evan if it sold out of state (ebay is out of the bay area).  Could I list a hi-cap mag for sale on ebay, when they boat my ad, I sue ebay in FEDERAL COURT in Washington for violation of the Commerce clause.  

With CA, NY residents not allowed by STATE law to own something that would have moved in INTERSATE COMMERCE the states have violated the constitution, and effectively eliminated half of the buying public!!!

Do as you wish with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top