Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2003 9:57:53 PM EDT
Im planning on being in the LA area this next weekend. Going to Magic Mountain and on Sat going to the Joe Satriani/Setve Vai concert.
What cool gun places are there around West Covina or driving distance? Also looking for some cool backpacking/mountaineering gear places.
oh, and wheres the closest Hooters?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 10:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit up Sport Chalet for best selection and prices on backpacking gear.  There is one in Valencia closer to LA from Magic Mountain.

You may want to visit Triple B's off the 60 in Rosemead.  Rent a shotgun and shoot!  It is only about 15 miles West on the 60.  It used to be International then Pachmayr's before triple B's.  See if Kim Rhodes is shooting or some other Olympian.  

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:19:36 AM EDT
[#2]
They have a REI which is really good for backpacking/mountaineering supplies too. They are a little more expensive than most though. They are just East of West Covina in Diamond bar. (take 10 freeway East, then north on the 57 for 2 exits or so you can see the sign). There is also another Sports Chalet just North of West Covine off of the 210 (forget the name of the city). Sports Chalet is my personal favorite as far as sporting goods stores go. Mainly because they carry Scuba gear.

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:57:25 AM EDT
[#3]
ya I got all my SCUBA gear st the Sports Chalet in Valencia. I just wasnt into backpacking as much as I am now. Any good small stores.I prefer those over the chain stores. Mainly because prices are fixed and I'd rather help the small stores out
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I can not think of any smaller (non-chain) stores off the top of my head. I have not really been out looking for backpacking items since I met my wife (a little over 3 years). I will keep my eyes open though.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Closest hooters is in pasadena or anaheim
Pasadena in between covina and Magic Mtn 210 frwy
Anaheim is south off of the 57 frwy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top