Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2003 4:08:05 PM EDT
Well the homies did a little free shopping at Turners in Pasadena Saturday night/Sunday morning night. They broke into the adjacent business (a exercise/dance club for toddlers) that is not alarmed. They then broke through the drywall into the area behind Turner's cash register. There they could not be seen by the store's motion detector due to the counter being in the way.

They smashed three display cases that contained handguns by Ruger, Glock, S&W, Taurus, BFR, Desert Eagle and Springfield XDs. The cases with the 1911s, Sigs and HKs were left untouched. Good news is that they did not get the HK I paid for Thursday PM.

ADT is Turners alarm company. Knowing how haphazard ADT is, the homies probably had plenty of time to do their deed.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Did they have any surveillance cams?  I hope they catch the f**ks that did that.  Personally, I think they (Turners, Big 5, and other retail stores that leave their guns out) should be required to store all the firearms in safes or a vault at night to prevent stuff like this from ever happening.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#2]
reminds me of the time when turners in southbay got robbed during the day, employees arent armed so it was an easy score.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:42:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, they are not required to lock the firearms they have display up at night? The local shops I frequent here in brea/fullerton/industry have been doing that for years (to the best of my knowledge).

Hope they catch them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Nooooooo, that's the Turners that I go to!! Is it still open? That's where I'm going to go to get my B-day present, a Yugo SKS.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if its the same assholes that broke into the Turner's in riverside 5 months ago and stole a bunch of long arms?Sounds like they knew what they were doing by avoiding the alarm system and all.I just hope that these clowns don't use those guns to kill somebody.Hope they catch them!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:48:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like somebody knew enough about the wall to target a soft spot.  Motion detectors should have picked them up.  Somebody scrimped on detectors or planned that hole.  Or they were very disciplined.  Boom in and out in under x time, get the cases closest only and get out before ADT and PPD are able to react.  Where was the store?  There used to be one on Arroyo Parkway? (Got my 870 there) Was that it?

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sounds like somebody knew enough about the wall to target a soft spot.  Motion detectors should have picked them up.  Somebody scrimped on detectors or planned that hole.  Or they were very disciplined.  Boom in and out in under x time, get the cases closest only and get out before ADT and PPD are able to react.  Where was the store?  There used to be one on Arroyo Parkway? (Got my 870 there) Was that it?

Yeah, it was the store on Arroyo Parkway. The job was well planned. The hole in the wall was in the perfect spot to avoid the motion detectors.

Homies do not know their guns. They took the cheap Rugers and Taurus and left the expensive 1911s, SiGs & HKs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Homies probably sell the handguns at fixed street prices so the make/model makes no difference.

If they wanted the high-end shit they could've scoped out the prices earlier in the week.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#9]
hmm - wonder if there was motion coverage or video on those other displays, and the perps knew that would get them nailed.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Turners in San Bernardino got robbed the same exact way.

They broke into the adjacent building and got in through the wall into some air ducts and dropped in.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Lousy F--king security system and cheap bastards who bought it if you ask me.  A simple glass break sensor would have detected any sharp noise and tripped the alarm.  More than likely, Turners will just write it off as a loss, repair the damage and keep doing business as usual since they are the only major players left in the game in SoCal.  Probably won't even bother upgrading the security system and weak spots.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 6:19:48 AM EDT
[#12]
It does seem like a lot of work but locking them up at night would prevent sad situations like this. It's very probable that somebody will get shot with one of these weapons.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Just got back from buying scope rings at the Pasadena Turners. Seems the BATFE spent a few days going through their records for the past 12 months because of the robbery.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
reminds me of the time when turners in southbay got robbed during the day, employees arent armed so it was an easy score.

Can you tell me more about this? It's the Turner's nearest my house.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, it was the store on Arroyo Parkway. The job was well planned. The hole in the wall was in the perfect spot to avoid the motion detectors.

Homies do not know their guns. They took the cheap Rugers and Taurus and left the expensive 1911s, SiGs & HKs.

I wonder if the robbers knew about this flaw in the security system? Could've it been an inside job.

FireControlman: Well the anti-gunners wanted a law to mandate that guns be locked up in a safe after the gun store closes, I guess they were right in this instance. I guess if that were the case it would have made it more difficult, though not impossible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top