Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2003 5:53:14 AM EDT
OK first off I'm rather concerned that there is little (if any) intelligent life inside California.

Secondly threads like the Peanut Butter ban have me really concerned about fly-over country - those states that keep New York, California and Texas from touching each other.

It seems that their worlds revolve around us.

If something happens fifty miles down their road they are clueless because it didn't make the NY/LA news. Something happens in Walnut Creek - a tiny little pimple of a town way too close to San Francisco/Berzerkly area - and they spin up like it's the SHTF.

Now I'm not worried that they're into our shit as much as I'm concerned that they're not into their own shit as much. Clueless people are dangerous as they could be in a position to actually do something on a local level yet are so focused on us that they fail to act in their own neighborhood.

I've lived in Washington, Colorado, and Illinois so I know how much of the national news revolves around the New York and Los Angeles area as the news departments there are huge and produce massive amounts of coverage on even the smallest items.

Proposition 54 has the chance of spreading nationwide - a voter initiative started here - yet I haven't seen a peep here - at least not as big as Walnut Creek's banning of peanut butter.

Prop 54 is really news - peanut butter banning was in 1996 - yet the liberal press doesn't want racial privacy spreading across the country so they are keeping mum about this real piece of news.

www.racialprivacy.org/
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
People like things that are shiny. Alot of people think the life in LA and NY is shiny and flashy, so they want to know about it. Even most of Fresno wishes it was LA.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
"Now I'm not worried that they're into our shit as much as I'm concerned that they're not into their own shit as much."

now theres some truth.

thanks for the prop 54 link, i didnt know much about it before, and your right its not getting any press.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Even most of Fresno wishes it was LA.

hahahahaha
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
pre-ban peanut butter? I wonder how much I could get on Ebay?
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is there Intellegent Live outside of California (rant)

Do you mean intelligent Life outside CA?

but yeah..some good points.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Most of my friends in Michigan dont even vote. Hell they ewouldnt erven be registered to vote if their labor unions didnt pass out voter registration paperwork, put a pen in their hand, watch over their shoulder...

Michigan: Fly over country with liberal race baiting east coast politics. Be bored and oppressed at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#7]
michigan 4 months of winter, 8 months of bad weather...
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:33:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Sure there is, and then there are the doofi that bitch and whine about CA every time they get a chance to show how dumb they really are.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#9]
MI bashing, CA bashing, etc....,
Both states have there +'s and -'s. I was based out of Pt. Mugu, CA for 4 yrs. while I was in the Navy, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I was really tempted to stay in CA when my enlistment was up, but I returned to MI to work on my degree and flight ratings. Both CA and MI are in the hands of liberals, and we can all agree that we'd be better off without them in power. I for one am glad that I'm back in MI as opposed to being in CA because I will be taking a CCW class this weekend; something which is not in CA's foreseeable future. I really do hope that CA's politics can make a turn for the better in the near future. I may consider moving back there if that happens, but since I put a higher value on my personal freedoms than I do on good weather I shall remain in MI for now.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm back in MI as opposed to being in CA because I will be taking a CCW class this weekend; something which is not in CA's foreseeable future.

Michagans "Shall Issue" CCW is pretty restrictive. Misdemanor traffic vilations, like speeed contests, wet reckless, and exhibition of speed, prohibit you from getting a CCW, unlike most "Shall Issue" states. It was actually easier to get a CCW in Clinton County before they passed "shall issue."  I have friends who had licenses under the old discretionary system, who are prohibited under the "shall issue" rules.

In Southern California, Orange and San Bernadino counties are pretty easy to get CCW permits in.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#11]
does anyone here know a person who got a CCW through OC ?
everyone keeps saying its easy, but i dont hear about it happening. and ive heard the undersheriff blocks it if you dont have "good cause".
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#12]
OC is more possible than a lot of places but it isn't real easy, you apparently need a valid "good reason" BS don't fly.  Now SBDO is apparently fairly easy.  A close relative looked into it and believe he got it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm back in MI as opposed to being in CA because I will be taking a CCW class this weekend; something which is not in CA's foreseeable future.

In Southern California, Orange and San Bernadino counties are pretty easy to get CCW permits in.

In the city of San Bernardino you will not be able to get one without the SBPD Chiefs permission.

If you are in the jurisdiction of a city PD like Colton or SB you will have an impossible time tying to get one.

If you reside in a rural town or city like Apple Valley, Hesperia, etc and fall under the jurisdiction of SBSD, you will have a good chance of obtaining the permit.

It is expensive, though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
everyone keeps saying its easy, but i dont hear about it happening. and ive heard the undersheriff blocks it if you dont have "good cause".

Sure, I know people who got CCWs in OC. One guy I know at my work had "good cause" because he shoots silhouette matches competitively. He had to prove it by bringing in some match scoresheets. I think any kind of competition such as highpower or IDPA or DCM matches would suffice. He also needed two written letters from non-family members citing good character references.

Granted, it's not "shall issue" and you have to jump through a few hoops to satisfy the state's "good cause" and training requirements, but it's not all that difficult to do. IIRC, OC has issued some 3000 CCWs to date.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 12:25:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yes. One of my shooting buddies, his mom, dad, and possibly his brother too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Tip for OC residents: Buy a couple ATM or Vending machines. Your "good cause" is you transport cash & product, often during hours of darkness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top