Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2003 11:09:55 AM EDT
I recently came back to cali (been here all my life-left and now back for good), and need to transfer a rifle from out of state (purchasing it from out of state). Besides the drivers license, what else do they need - before I just show them copies of my bank statements-since i'm so called new in town. Are there any other forms (I have a motorcycle insurance here in cali for almost a year now). Or am I out of luck and will have to wait 6 months?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you also need something that proves residence, like a utility bill that goes 3 months back.  Last time I bought a long gun was a while ago (right before I got married [:\]) but I don't think this has changed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe you only need proof of residence if your purchasing a handgun.

For long guns all you need is your drivers licence.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Youll need a CA DL and a right thumb print, a lock or a safe afidavit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top