Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2003 4:05:37 AM EDT
and found the Agricultural Checkpoint is now a full on BP/INS stop.  No fruit and veggie checkers at all.

How about the other Ag checkpoints, have they switched too or just this one?
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#1]
We came through the Ag checkpoint on I-80 up by Reno a couple of weeks ago.  It's shut down, no one is there at all.  It's been that way at least since July.  Budget cuts?
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#2]
BP/INS???  I can figure out what the INS is, but what is BP?  Probably something I already know but just can't think of right now.  It's Monday you know!  
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
BP/INS???  I can figure out what the INS is, but what is BP?  Probably something I already know but just can't think of right now.  It's Monday you know!  

Hey Mark,
I think BP means Boarder Patrol. I have a buddy who's dad works for the INS here in CA. I'll give him a call to see whats up.

Brad
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#4]
duh!  I told you it was Monday!  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Same in Texas, only if entering Texas. And entering New Mexico.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Same on the 10 from AZ to CA. Plenty of INS south of the 8.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#7]
On my last two trips down I-15 from Nevada the agricultural checkpoint has been closed.  That was the last weekend in June and August 24.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
You know where they need to put a checkpoint????AT MY FRIGGIN WORK!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I heard the CA ones are going to be taken over too- by the DMV.   Instant on-the-spot issuing of driver's licenses for those in need.  Anyone hear of this too?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top