Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2003 8:18:25 AM EDT
According to the morning news report I caught a couple hours ago, Diane Feinstein has decided not to put her name into the ring of potential replacements for Gray Davis, should he be recalled.

Arnold Schwarzeneggar (sp?) will announce whether or not he's running at the taping of the "Tonight Show" later this afternoon, but all indications point to him saying no, leaving a clearer path for former Los Angeles mayor Richard Riordan--who, the L.A. Times points out, has gotten along well with Feinstein in the past. (In other words, even though he's a Republican, he's rather anti-gun.)

Edited to add: Well, looks like Arnold pulled a big surprise and told Leno he's going to run after all. It'll be tough for McClintock to beat him, me thinks. Oh, and Storm, I wasn't aware of that, though I did hear on the news that Bustamonte and one other fairly prominent Democrat whose name escapes me at the moment have now decided to also put their names on the ballot. Maybe the Lt. Gov. wants a little insurance?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Read the state constitution, If the gov if removed from office before end of term the Lt gov then assumes duties.  Do you think bustamonte won't pull this one after everyone elects arnold? Now next nov that's a different story
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Bustamonte has already announced that he's running.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm voting for Arnold....aka....Gary Coleman.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#4]
As of close of business Friday, only 17 people have completed the process to be on the ballot.  Filing deadline is tomorrow. Sec State will release the list of certified canididates on 8/13.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top