Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2003 8:38:55 PM EDT
Has anyone gone camping at Lake Berryessa?  Was wondering what the varmint hunting was like?  

Thinking about taking a hunting/fishing trip up there.

I live in San Jose if you guys know of any other good places please let me know.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 12:48:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I lived in that area for about 5 years. There is a bunch of crap out there to hunt. Geese (legal?), wild turkey, rabbits, quail and stuff. The bass fishin is pretty good. I've pulled my share of large mouths out of there. The biggest was about 4lbs (Yea I know). Some trout too. Just remember that there were silver mines under before the lake was formed and there is mercury in the fish (gives ya alzhiemers). There is also BLM land not to far from Beryessa. It usually takes about 20 min (I drive like a maniac) to get to BLM from Beryessa, just look out for the cows and funky bridges. This is where I bagged a Canadian goose and a few quails. Not much meat on the quail though. I have seen a number of wild turkey, but have never been able to get one. Those are some smart birds. A friend also got a coyote. You  IM me if you want more info.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:21:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Just remember that there were silver mines under before the lake was formed and there is mercury in the fish (gives ya alzhiemers).

I ate the fish I caught so I don't remember...there's camping in what lake?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top