Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2003 9:11:09 AM EDT
The results of the trial of the Englewood cop accused of beating that handcuffed boy in that gas station video will be released at 2:00 local time.

I hope that the cops will take notice and stand up before hand.

Anyone want to make the odds that there's going to be "unrest" afterwords ... no justice, no peace!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
What are these people thinking..oh wait, they don't.  Trashing their own neighborhood and driving away businesses, that's a good way to protest.
A hung jury isn't quite as bad as declaring them innocent, though I don't know the facts, regardless of what may have happened some people are just itching to have an execuse to start riots.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I'ld just as soon have them trash their own neighborhood than mine anyway.  Wonder what would happen if the mobs tried to go to Beverly Hills or San Marino?  Then again with all the furriner business owners in BH it might be a repeat of the guards on the roofs shootin folks.  I would expect Thais, various Arabs, ex-IDF, and others would react similar to the Koreans in parts of Korea Town last time.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 12:54:02 AM EDT
[#3]
The California NG will be deployed if they ever messed with the Beverly Hills area.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:30:28 AM EDT
[#4]
They'd have to, BH is full of liberals without means to protect themselves.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:33:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

... Anyone want to make the odds that there's going to be "unrest" afterwords ... no justice, no peace!

... I certainly hope there won't be any unrest.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:27:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey now I'm in the NG on active since 9/11, and beverly hills is the last place we will go. And remember the last one? They tear up where they live. Also we knew the outcome 1 hour before you did.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey now I'm in the NG on active since 9/11, and beverly hills is the last place we will go. And remember the last one? They tear up where they live. Also we knew the outcome 1 hour before you did.

Im former 1/185th.

Been to the riots and the earthquakes.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I was stationed in Alameda for the bay area "World Series" quake and in Sun Valley for the Rodney King riots. I feel lucky we moved out to quite old Riverside where the only entertainment is watching the sheriffs beat on illegals and waiting for the multi-million dollar civil suits that follow.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top