Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2003 9:59:39 AM EDT
Some of you guys who attended ITTS rifle classes may remember that book was recommended reading for the serious marksman. I would like to read it before the class in Sept.

So, anybody read it? Anybody got a copy they want to pass around? I'm going to pick up a copy off eBay or half.com and I'll make it available to others after I'm done reading it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I read it, it was a good history book but a little dry in my opinion, it does have good marksmanship info.  I read almost nothing but history and think I can fairly say so.  It was written in an era when their speech and writing styls are different enough that at times it's awkward, he also used lots of commas, here's a paragraph:

"Our position, when we all finally got there, was at the angle at the southeast 'corner' of the Ypres Salient, our left opposite the village of St. Eloi and our frontage, about eleven hundred yards for the Batallion, extending to the Voormezeele-Wyschaette road."

After a while it just feels his sentences are broken up, that makes reading more difficult.

I found the reference Scott made re: purposely rusting the scope mount in place so it wouldn't move, among others.
BB you can borrow it.  I usually re-read my books because they're so well written, this one got read once
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top