Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2003 6:57:41 PM EDT
I saw a topic a few weeks ago, that was advertising Utah CCW permits that were good in California. I naturally was very intrested so I did some research.  The website for this is groups.yahoo.com/group/utah-ccw/files/.  I went to www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/california and found out a lot of useful information.  I found a link to the California DOJ (caag.state.ca.us/firearms/pubfaqs.htm#3) that was a question and answer deal.  This is what it stated;

I live in another state and have a permit to carry a concealed handgun that was issued in my home state.  Does my permit allow me to carry a concealed handgun while in California?
No.  Weapons permits from other states are not valid in California.

(PC Sections 12025-12031)

I guess somethings are just too good to be true...

Edited to make links hot. -BB
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
No.  Weapons permits from other states are not valid in California.

(PC Sections 12025-12031)

I guess somethings are just too good to be true...

Sometimes it sucks being us, doesn't it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#2]
what the website is selling is a class given in Calif for a Utah/florida permit, the Utah permit is good for about a dozen states and florida for another dozen+ east coast states, kali is NOT one of them.

utah and florida allows NON-residents to get a permit, so if you travel a lot out of state and want a gun to go with, this is a good way to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top