Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2003 6:49:46 PM EDT
ok, everytime I plan to go to the range I always tell myself that I'm only taking 2 rifles with me.But after loading up the truck at the very last minute, literally when its running and everyone is loaded up, I seem to throw in an extra 5-6 more rifles at the last minute.I do this everytime!!!I think it "rifleitulus"
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#1]
2 maybe 3 at the most
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]
My motivation is to think of how many I have to clean later on.  AR has to be the most damn time consuming rifle to clean.  So I clean mine at the range
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 12:41:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm with Duffy on that one. Take as many as I'm willing to clean after my trip to the range. I usually take two or three. Too bad I can't clean my AR with some form of pressure washer, then lube it up. Takes so damn long to get it clean.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 12:49:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I take as many rifles as i have extra blasting ammo for.

Link Posted: 7/13/2003 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Two or three normally - a couple of AR's and something in a .30 as well.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I usually go about once a week and usually take about 10 rifles and 10 pistols.  I'll be honest though, I don't clean my rifles after every time.  Usually about every other or third time.  I do clean my carry weapons after every outing though.  I've just found that ARs don't really need to be cleaned after every trip.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I have caught myself trying to take everything with a trigger and that I had any ammo for.

I try to limit it to just one or two guns, usually, unless I'm going with company.

Heck, the truth is,  I could be perfectly happy with just my one best AR (the one with the receiver I milled out myself), a stack of targets, a decent 'scope, and a case of ammo, already loaded into a bucketful of mags.

CJ

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I always seem to take more than I end up shooting, usually at least 3 or 4 rifles. I'll take my trap and/or skeet shotguns sometimes and never get off the rifle range. Or I'll take a few handguns and never take them out of the range bag. But I always shoot something at the rifle range. I always take an evil black rifle with me in case I get an opportunity to educate a noob.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top