Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2003 4:40:44 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a new toy and I wanted to ask you guys whats you opinion on the Rob Arm M96 Recon Carbine?Is it worth the money or should I look into something else?I found one for $1495 is there anybody else that has a better price for one?These guns ain't cheap!
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not shot one, but I have looked at buying one too.  I have seen them cheaper on www.gunbroker.com.  Also, check the posts on http://www.biggerhammer.net/m96/

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#2]
The opinions on these have been mostly that they're reliable, well designed, expensive and worth the price.  In areas where its price competes with preban AR15s, its $$ amount is a shortcoming.  In the occupied zones it's no more expensive but all its competion has been removed...you don't have a choice if you want a reliable, magazine fed .223 (no I don't consider the Mini 14 one of them).
Problem is it's shipped without a pistol grip and they won't sell it.  I don't know how fun it is to shoot it without the grip.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info on that.You guys have made it a little easier to invest in this rifle.I'm mostly into collecting and ocassional plinker.If its a well built rifle and I'm mostly concerned about FTF or FTF stuff and this rifle doesn't have those problems then this sounds like I will be getting one hopefully within the month.Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Who sells this without the pistol grip? (in SoCal)
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 8:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]
ARM USA in Anaheim 714 520-4600
They had a couple of them as of  7-17-03
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#6]
i have a m96 grip available. also i have been converting fn grips to work. not the prettiest thing but it works. e-m me if interested. oh my m96 was originally a 20" wanted a 16"bbl but since they were on backorder forever i went ahead and cut down the 20". opened up the gas port 1 size. installed a smith brake (922 comp of course) and treated myself to a trijicom tao11nsn. this baby rocks. it's a postban with a preban price. but well worht it. hasn't missed a beat since day 1!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#7]

a postban with a preban price. but well worth it

Funny!

The M96 is now on my rifle list - position number one in fact. I just hope they're not like AR's and I won't be happy until I own them all.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#8]
How would this be banned from import?  Not to diverge from the main topic, I too need a M96.

Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How would this be banned from import?  Not to diverge from the main topic, I too need a M96.

www.biggerhammer.net/armpistol/bushmaster_rightside_mag_web.jpg

It looks too fun, they will ban it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 1:47:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Who sells this without the pistol grip? (in SoCal)

On Target in Laguna Niguel..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top