Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2003 4:18:36 PM EDT
At long last the snow has melted and the road to the quarry is free and clear. Went up there this weekend to check it out. Those of you who went up there with me in the past, we need to plan another outing. Since it's in the National forest it's ok to camp over night there if anyone wants to go up and stay overnight.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Rob,
I never been there.
Where is it at?
Is it nice?
Dillon and I are up for it.
An "over nighter" works best for us being that we are out of the BA.
Andy
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#2]
What is SNOW?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Wooooohoooooo!!!!!!!

That's a fun spot.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Rob,
I never been there.
Where is it at?
Is it nice?
Dillon and I are up for it.
An "over nighter" works best for us being that we are out of the BA.
Andy

It's up in the El Dorado National forest on "North South road". It's a mini quarry that is perfect for fun shoots. One of the local gun clubs I shoot with cleans up a lot of the "recognized" plinking areas every month (with the blessing of the NFS I might add - they pay for our lunch too!). It has a nice cluster of tall pines and cedar trees in the middle with a couple spots under them just right for tents or small RVs. A nice big hill side where they excavate to act as a back stop, and a lot of room. The NFS knows shooters go there on a regular basis and at most they just check to make sure you are being safe ( fire and shooting wise ), if they stop by at all. Lots of good bike/atv trails and roads too if you are into that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What is SNOW?

Snow is what we get up here in the mountains when it gets too cold to rain
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm, wish I could be there...
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hmmm, wish I could be there...

Where the F are you now??

Glad to hear it is open Rob,  the Quarry is a great spot.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey there Pthfndr...

I'm in that area frequently as I have a lot of family in that region of the state (Georgetown, Rocklin, Auburn, Penrynn, and Pioneer over on Hwy 88) and I'm always looking for a better place to shoot.  

Can you give me a better location (GPS coords perhaps) beyond "off of north-south road"?  I'd much appreciate it!

Cheers, Backcountry
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hey there Pthfndr...

I'm in that area frequently as I have a lot of family in that region of the state (Georgetown, Rocklin, Auburn, Penrynn, and Pioneer over on Hwy 88) and I'm always looking for a better place to shoot.  

Can you give me a better location (GPS coords perhaps) beyond "off of north-south road"?  I'd much appreciate it!

Cheers, Backcountry

Sent you an email.

Anyone else want specific directions just email me.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#11]
My car is up and running!!!  Woot!!!  $205 for diagnostic and repair/replacement of "pick up" coil.  Plus I have 4 new tires.  

Yup....living the high life here in Northern California...Sgtar15 is cruising the streets again in his 89 Plymouth Acclaim.

Style man...style.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Went up shooting today for about 5 hours and had a blast. Blew up lots of rocks with my .50 bmg, 1903A3, and my newly aquired CMP Garand Need more Taco Bell dogs!

Planning to go up next sunday with sgtar15. For those of you not going to Shooting Man (I have to work saturday) maybe you can join us. Will probably get up there about 10 or so. For those who haven't been along before, it's about 1 hour EAST of Sacramento.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top