Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2003 9:37:45 PM EDT
The California Police Athletic Federation's www.cpaf.org/index.htm annual Police and Fire games will be holding their Large bore rifle event out at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center www.sacvalley.org/ sunday June 15th.

The course of fire they shoot is a regular NRA High Power match across the full 600 yards.

At our regular monthly HP match today we were told that since their match is scheduled for the same day as our regular match in June, that us non LEO would be allowed to shoot the match with them. Some of the northern CA LEO are regular competitors at our HP matches and are pretty good. But these games bring out a LOT of LEO who rarely shoot any distance. Ok, I guess what I'm really saying is many of these guys suck when it comes to rifle shooting. So if you ever wanted to give HP a try but didn't want to embarrass yourself now's the time to give it a try. If you suck, you won't be alone. And if you shoot decently you can go brag to your friends. Grab your AR, M1A, or even a Garand, bring a minimum of 88 rounds, 2 mags (or enbloc clips), a piece of carpet to protect you from the stickers and gravel, a pair of binocs for scoring and spotting, and something to write with.

I shot this a couple years and if nothing else it gives you a chance to talk with street cops in an informal setting about guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top