Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2022 10:42:26 AM EDT
I have no clue, any advice will be appreciated.  

Two choices, James Shaw or Wilton Simpson.  Seems like Simpson will be hard to beat but isn't he a Rino?

Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Simpson is "Mr. Red Flag Law" and kept meaningful pro-2AM legislation out of committee.

F him.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks kissfan, I thought I remembered that but I wanted to be sure. I sure appreciate your help
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:48:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Wilton Simpson is the guy who keeps blocking constitutional carry, isn't he?
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:06:54 AM EDT
[#4]
That is what I understand.  I think he is term limited from the senate.  Wilton claims he is endorsed by Trump and DeSantis and 57 sheriffs.  

James Shaw says this about gun rights:

The first amendment gave us freedom of speech, assembly, and religion. The second amendment was written to protect the public against government tyranny that would attempt to take those rights away. Currently , the cities that have the strictest gun laws are those that have the highest gun crime. NO MORE RESTRICTION. Follow the gun laws that are currently on the books.
View Quote

I also went to the democrats views- there are 3 democrats running for Ag Commissioner.  Man, they are scary.

Universal Background checks should be mandatory. Expand the check to include Social Media and the requirement of Spousal or next of Kin approval.
View Quote

Individuals should be at least 21 years old and be required to submit to full background checks before they are allowed to register for a gun permit. We need stricter gun laws in this era, where guns are the leading cause of death for our children in Florida. We do not need more laissez faire gun laws that make it easier for these weapons to end up in the wrong hands.
View Quote

As a mother to a young child, the thought of my child going to school with the possibility of my son not coming terrifies me. We must close the loophole that allows individuals to get weapon licenses without background checks. Raise the minimum purchase age for firearms to 21 years of age. Under my administration, every application for a concealed permit to carry will be vetted.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:17:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Simpson is "Mr. Red Flag Law" and kept meaningful pro-2AM legislation out of committee.

F him.
View Quote

yea but...........................

Fuck that RINO
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I also went to the democrats views- there are 3 democrats running for Ag Commissioner.  Man, they are scary.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

As a mother to a young child, the thought of my child going to school with the possibility of my son not coming terrifies me. We must close the loophole that allows individuals to get weapon licenses without background checks. Raise the minimum purchase age for firearms to 21 years of age. Under my administration, every application for a concealed permit to carry will be vetted.

...."weapon licenses without background checks"?  Which one said that?
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Those quotes are from this article: News 4 Jacksonville Florida Ag Commissioner Race

Wilton Simpson was the only one to not reply.  That quote was from Naomi Esther Blemur.  She really believes the office she seeks currently issues concealed carry permits with no background check whatsoever.

I voted for James Shaw this morning but I am betting we will end up with the usual choice between a democrat and a rino.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Those quotes are from this article: News 4 Jacksonville Florida Ag Commissioner Race

That quote was from Naomi Esther Blemur.  She really believes the office she seeks currently issues concealed carry permits with no background check whatsoever.

View Quote
Not even Forrest Gump was that stupid.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Lady, Florida Republicans already did that for you in 2018.  The guy who signed it into law is a Senator.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top