Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2022 9:09:27 PM EDT
My family is finally at the end of our long wait to move to Florida.

Many of you may remember me posting last year about Silverleaf. Well, we’re currently in Dothan, AL overnighting and will be staying in the old St Augustine area while we await the final touches on our house.

We’ll be able to move in no later than Aug 2.

Once we get settled, I’d like the opportunity to meet up with any local arfcommers.

Are there any arfcommers in the Silverleaf/Shearwater/Beachwalk area?
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Anastasia Island here…
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anastasia Island here…
View Quote

Cool, we’re staying at the new Homewood Suites on Prawn Street until our house is done. That’ll be no later than 2 August.

Any recommendations on a good place or three to eat? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Prohibition Kitchen - on St George St

Ice Plant Bar (this is in the same building as the distillery which is also worth checking out - they do free tours/tastings)

I'm about an hour south of you. We went to the "Ripley's Believe It Or Not" on our last trip up there. The museum itself was just OK, but they did a really good local trolley tour.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Where to start?

Have kids? Hit up Pizza Alley on St George. Good pricing and decent pizza.

Meehans Irish Pub on the main drag of A1A in the historic district is our kids favorite. Gets us that close to home Irish pub feel we had back up North.

A1A Restaurant down there is also kid friendly.

If you can’t tell I’ve got kids lol.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Great Mexican restaurant on 210 west of 95, across from Winn Dixie.  I'm from Elkton area.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 9:07:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats and welcome to our great state.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great Mexican restaurant on 210 west of 95, across from Winn Dixie.  I'm from Elkton area.
View Quote

Sounds like Los Portales?

Welcome to the area. There's a lot to see, do, eat, and explore around here.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome, I'm in Jax. There are great schools in st John's. Lots to do. A lot of folks are moving to st John's.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Welcome!  I used to live on Anastasia Island, sure miss it.  Drove a school bus through downtown St Aug daily, other than that I pretty much stayed out of the compact tourist area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top