Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2022 12:03:50 PM EDT
Heading down to Sanibel with the family and in-laws.  Kids are 12,11,8 and 6.  We'll be tearing up the beach and have a boat ride booked already, a round of golf and thinking about chartering a half day fishing trip.  Any recommendation for a captain, or any Arfcommers in the AO?  

Should be a very mellow trip, lots of relaxation, but hit me with some of your favorite things to do, restaurants to eat at/avoid.  Much appreciated!
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 1:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The shell collecting there is unreal. I'm not a fan, but my wife is and she was like a kid in a candy store. Made me happy seeing her so dang happy. I have to admit it was pretty cool.

We just drove down there for an afternoon from Siesta Key, so did not do a lot other than scan for shells, for hours....

Have fun!
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Island Cow and Amy's over Easy for breakfast. Been out there almost 2 decades and those are my favorites. Doc Fords is decent. I don't do dinner out there much. A lot of people like going to Blind Pass or go to the public beach before south seas on Captiva. Plenty of stuff to do in Ft. Myers too.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Lazy Flamingo is good for sea food.

Relax, enjoy the beach and pool.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the replies.  Who has the live music and strong drinks?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top