Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2022 3:53:06 PM EDT
Applied for one over a year ago.......complete ripoff .........I'm not a Florida resident........That said I applied for one in Virginia and received it in 10 days.......bought a pistol several weeks ago and an AR15 stripped lower too..........passed the background with no issues.........Spent a lot of money trying to get one in Florida......they keep jerking me around!

MANY THANKS TO member of the Florida House of Representatives, Anthony Sabatini and his staff for making this happen!
After over a year........my CWP is on the way!

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you apply with the State Dept of Agriculture?  Or some fly-by-night "We'll get you a permit" group?

They have (by law) 90 days to make their decision.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#2]
https://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/CWStatusCheck/CWStatusChk.aspx

Do you get any notes on here when you enter your tracking number? Hard to know how we can help without more info. It took me about 6 weeks to get mine before I moved to FL. Looks like they are taking a little longer now, but still way less than 1 year.

The division is currently processing complete applications with clean fingerprints within 50 to 55 days. The concealed weapon application database is updated at several points throughout an application's approval process. Please understand that many factors specific to your application, or background check, may require additional processing time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#3]
applied to the state dept of agriculture.............like I said got one in Virginia in 10 days..........this is what they have been saying

We have completed our initial review of your application. The background check results we received from law enforcement authorities were inconclusive, and we are attempting to verify your criminal history. You should be aware that by law the division has 90 days from the date on which we receive a complete application either to issue a license or to deny the application. Because your background check results were inconclusive, the 90-day clock has been suspended in accordance with the law while we continue to research this matter and will be lifted when we confirm the disposition does not affect your eligibility for licensure.

How can I get one in another state in 10 days and been trying with Florida for over a year............does not make any sense at all.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
The state of Florida says I have an arrest with no final disposition from over twenty years ago...........BS    I sent them the court papers with final disposition and faxed them copies as well...........still nothing..........I apply in Virginia and get a CWP in 10 days..........Virginia does not require fingerprints either and Florida accepts Virginia.........50 bucks...........for application.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Join Florida Carry (see my sig)

Hop on the Facebook group (if you do FB) and ask for an assist.  One of the Attorneys can try and help out, but you have to be a member.

If you don't do FB, hit me up and we'll get you connected.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Give me a number and ill reach out.........or you can reach out to me........804-852-5664   I need some help with this............tired of the government taking my hard earned money ...........
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Give me a number and ill reach out.........or you can reach out to me........804-852-5664   I need some help with this............tired of the government taking my hard earned money ...........
View Quote

What county are you in?  I'll get you in touch with the region lead for your area.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You can thank Nikki (the witch) Fried for your woes.

https://i.imgur.com/FqEW2EQ.jpg
View Quote

Can we ban her picture from here.

Makes me wanna puke.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Pinellas
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#11]
They tell me they have the right to suspend the 90 day clock..............
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#12]
PM sent
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#13]
You lost me at "spent a lot of money".  Any hunter safety card, DD214, or a $50 class.
Not a FL resident but have FL by your avatar?!?!?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Close to 200 bucks spent.......It may not seem like a lot money to some, but at what gas is a gallon......200 dollars is a lot to me. No, I am not a florida resident, but they do issue CWP to non-residents......it Says Florida by the Avatar because I was my mother's caregiver until she died................
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:28:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Makes me wanna puke.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can thank Nikki (the witch) Fried for your woes.

https://i.imgur.com/FqEW2EQ.jpg

Makes me wanna puke.

AMEN !!!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#17]
The needs to turn of the whole CWP program to FDLE, in Virginia its done by the Virginia State Police.........who also do the instant background check for gun dealers............Department of Agriculture and consumer services..........give me a break.......
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Sport, the LAST thing we need is a police agency administering a right!   Don't give two hoots and a damn what any other issuing jurisdiction may do, there was a reason for placing that licensing program in other than a LEO organization.......yeah, the current admin is an asshole but she can be voted out................how in hell do you vote DLE's leadership out.....and you won't even know who the policy makers really are!    

Program, as long as it exists, needs to stay where it is!
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Trust me dude..........it does not...........I got one from an LE agency in 10 days..........Your way of doing things took 15 months..........NO WAY.  Who do you think does the background check when you buy a firearm?..........LE Agency.........
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sport, the LAST thing we need is a police agency administering a right!   Don't give two hoots and a damn what any other issuing jurisdiction may do, there was a reason for placing that licensing program in other than a LEO organization.......yeah, the current admin is an asshole but she can be voted out................how in hell do you vote DLE's leadership out.....and you won't even know who the policy makers really are!    

Program, as long as it exists, needs to stay where it is!
View Quote

Agreed. I moved here from a state where the local and state police were involved in the permitting process. It was a total shitshow. Even renewals took months and months to get processed. I'll take the FL way all day long.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:51:22 AM EDT
[#21]
I had a similar situation. In the mid 80’s I took a misdemeanor assault conviction in NYC for putting a guy in the hospital after a “incident” outside a bar. When I moved to FL my permit app got initially denied, because I “failed to provide proof of 18 months elapsing after disposition” Seriously, it was the 80’s… Anyway, got a lawyer in NY to get me a certificate of disposition from the court. Sent it in. Application goes back to “processing” for six months. During that time, I went and had that conviction sealed, just for the hell of it. Never had a problem before but the lawyer gave me a deal. That got done. FDACS comes back with another “Denied” because FDLE comes back that the conviction was “domestic violence” related. Now, there’s no way in hell the guy who was hitting on my girlfriend in that bar, who I put in the hospital, was a domestic violence incident. I called FDACS and got a very helpful woman who told me FDLE came back with that due to the charge (assault 3rd is used for DV in FL) but since NYC hasn’t responded to the arrest record request, it will stand unless I can provide some evidence. - which by the way is another suck situation. NYC doesn’t respond to any CWP related requests made by FL. Some political BS. Anyway, my excellent lawyer who worked on the COD and sealing order, got the Assistant District Attorney he worked with on my sealing petition, to send a letter on the District Attorney’s office letterhead stating the conviction was not DV related. I sent it in to FDACS and boom, had my permit exactly 9 days later.

All in all, 14 months had passed since my initial application. My experience shows that FDACS is currently overwhelmed with the huge number of new residents flooding Florida, and those with “checkered” pasts like myself just have to deal with delays and a little hoop jumping.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Got my permit in Virginia........in 10 days, done by local police and Virginia state police................Florida took about 15 months.......and help from a Florida state representative.........do the math.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:59:05 AM EDT
[#23]
So what’s your point? Virginia doesn’t have 10’s of thousands flocking there on a monthly basis. Florida does, and it seems like everyone of them is applying for a CWP. And remember, every state is different.

If you didn’t have a record, you would have gotten your permit on a couple months. Because you do, this is how it is.

And FYI, since your not a FL resident (even though it still says FL on your Avatar?) a non-resident permit requires a new background check at every renewal, unlike resident permits. So you have that to look forward to. Suggest you renew early…
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:11:18 AM EDT
[#24]
When I moved here my permit was done in my hands in about 4 days.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#25]
“All in all, 14 months had passed since my initial application. My experience shows that FDACS is currently overwhelmed with the huge number of new residents flooding Florida, and those with “checkered” pasts like myself just have to deal with delays and a little hoop jumping.”

Hats off for the refreshing dose of realism and acceptance of personal responsibility.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top