Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2022 3:22:16 PM EDT
Article - WCTV

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (NSF) - Gov. Ron DeSantis said Friday he expects to approve changing Florida gun laws to allow what is known as "constitutional carry," though it is not clear when that could happen.

DeSantis didn't say whether he would add the issue to a special legislative session that will start May 23 on property insurance. But he said he intends to eventually sign such gun legislation.

"The one thing that I wanted the legislature to do, and I think we will do it, I can't tell you exactly when, but I'm pretty confident that I will be able to sign constitutional carry into law in the state of Florida," DeSantis said while at an infrastructure-funding event in Williston.

Under current law, people who want to carry guns must get concealed weapons permits from the state. Constitutional carry would allow people to carry guns without the permits.

"The Legislature will get it done. I can't tell you if it will be next week, six months, but I can tell you that before I am done as governor we will have a signature on that bill," DeSantis, who is running for re-election this year, added.

Alabama and Georgia, both also under Republican governors, enacted forms of constitutional-carry laws in the past two months.

As of March 31, Florida had nearly 2.5 million concealed-weapons permits issued, according to the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, which administers the program.

Copyright 2022 WCTV. All rights reserved.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
It's about time. With this governor, we should be leading the way.

Edit: Link to video.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article260894782.html

Governor DeSantis promises "Constitutional Carry" gun law in Florida
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:53:48 AM EDT
[#2]
And while your at it get rid of the bs red tide rino Rick Scott shoved into law after Parkland.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
This'll cause some comment, but
I'm not so sure that Constitutional Carry is a good idea...Not that I want the .gov involved in the sales
of guns but now ANYONE will be able to walk into a gun store and come out with a weapon...
REALLY

Attachment Attached File

SGB
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not so sure that Constitutional Carry is a good idea...Not that I want the .gov involved in the sales
of guns but now ANYONE will be able to walk into a gun store and come out with a weapon...
REALLY
View Quote

What does carry have to do with purchasing ? Go back to California you shill.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
REALLY

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/10530/thumbnails/eye-1976385-thumb.JPG
SGB
View Quote

You need to look at the meaning. Constitutional Carry means only carrying w/o a CWP. It does not give you the ability to go into a gun store and purchase a firearm and walk out with it. In order to do that you must have a valid CWP. Learn the meaning before you go spouting.

Dan
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#6]
On the fence about this.  To me, "well regulated" does not mean Afstuumfonsprw with 14 arrect for DV, assault, robbery, etc,.  And a total of 50 weeks in jail should be able to carry a weapon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
On the fence about this.  To me, "well regulated" does not mean Afstuumfonsprw with 14 arrect for DV, assault, robbery, etc,.  And a total of 50 weeks in jail should be able to carry a weapon.
View Quote

" Well Regulated " means your proficient , not what most people think it means like theres government regulation. I remember in 1987 Florida  became "shall issue" people were freaking out they and all the media said it would be the wild west people would be killing each other over being cut off in traffic. Did that actually happen? No the opposite did crime went down ,I fully support it as long as the 3 day waiting period is abolished also . I would keep my ccw if not having one means i have to wait to buy a firearm . Pretty sure Arizona is still issuing ccw just for that reason. A prohibited person would remain a prohibited person regardless of constitutional carry.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Freedom is scary.

What’s to stop “Afstuumfonsprw” from carrying a firearm anyway?

Felons are not allowed to possess firearms. Guess what.... Criminals and gangsters don’t care about laws.

Constitutional carry will even the playing field with these lawless criminals.

It allows law abiding Citizens to protect themselves with a firearm instead of being a victim.

Only the Politicians have 24/7 security details to keep them safe.

Our wives, sons and daughters should have the right to protect themselves.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

If he has any convictions on anything you listed it will prevent him from being able to carry. Odds are he has a injunction for domestic, repeat or dating violence and he still can’t legally posses a firearm.

Dan
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
REALLY

SGB
View Quote

Really really. I think someone already mentioned that freedom be scary, yo. That's not even what this bill would do, but the most irritating thing to me about being a lawful CCW at the moment is that I'm prohibited by law from carrying at 90% of the places that I'd really feel like I needed to carry and all the kinds of people I'd carry a weapon to deter or deal with won't even give a second thought to flouting the law entirely and carrying whatever weapon they want wherever they want. If they're already going to commit violent and illegal acts against other people, do you think they really give a shit that they might get an add-on charge for possession alongside their aggravated battery or manslaughter?

Best thing we could do would be to repeal restrictions on guns and strengthen protections on lawful use of deadly force in self-defense. It may be a bit of a rough ride while we suffer through the effects of these idiotic Karen laws artificially allowing criminals to survive and thrive, but I think we'd have a safer and more responsible society on the other side.

But again, this just means that the government would go back to respecting our constitutional right to keep and bear arms instead of putting a poll tax on self-defense and turning it into a privilege for those who properly submit to the state.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If he has any convictions on anything you listed it will prevent him from being able to carry. Odds are he has a injunction for domestic, repeat or dating violence and he still can’t legally posses a firearm.

Dan
View Quote

I know you're not making this point but the part about not being able to carry reminded me of this

James May Explains What Happens If You Drive A Car In Germany Without A Licence | The Grand Tour
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:10:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
REALLY

SGB
View Quote

Right now we have limited who can get a gun without any regulation or law in the way.

We only let criminals do that, and they do it all the time.

Stop and think about that for a second.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:15:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Special Session is over.

Link Posted: 5/30/2022 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
REALLY

SGB
View Quote

Let me define some terms so my response will actually make since. RINOs, law and order republicans, liberals, progressives, and the woke left are all Statists, meaning their social hierarchy puts central authority at the top.
The left is just the revolutionary wing of Statism, not truly something different from right wing authoritarians.
Statism of any flavor is an objectivity stupid and baseless worldview, and just as dangerous as wokeism or Hobbesianism.
All of these "isums" can be reduced to narcissism, my ideas are so perfect the power of government should be used to canonize them.

That said, your fear of potential negative behavior isn't a good enough reason to preemptively restrict innocent people's rights.
All federal guns law are illegal, consensual transactions between individuals and guns stores are none of your business, and every bad thing you can do with a gun was already illegal before the first gun law was ever passed in the US.
You have no point or argument.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#15]
John Thrasher and every major law firm, police organization and other big money will lobby against it, like always.

I don’t believe that this year is any different except DeSantis is up for re-election.

Politicians are a lot of talk when it comes to 2A.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
REALLY

SGB
View Quote
I haven't seen SGB's " all seeing" in years!!! Thanks for remembering, and welcome back!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
John Thrasher and every major law firm, police organization and other big money will lobby against it, like always.

I don’t believe that this year is any different except DeSantis is up for re-election.

Politicians are a lot of talk when it comes to 2A.
View Quote

Unfortunately, I agree with this.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, but think about it.   Any fool with a valid ID and no prohibitions can walk into a voting booth.................think about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top