Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2022 11:40:07 PM EDT
http://edocs.dlis.state.fl.us/fldocs/leg/actsflorida/1967/LOF1967V1Pt2Ch0614-1068.pdf (pages 266-368 of the pdf, page numbers in the pdf 256-358, this section is pg 357 of the pdf, numbered as pg 347 in the pdf.

Section 56. Pledge by the State of Florida to the Bond Holders of the District and to the Federal Government. - The State of Florida pledges to the holders of any bonds issued under this Act that it will not limit or alter the rights of the District to own, acquire, construct, reconstruct, improve, maintain, operate or furnish the projects or to levy and collect the taxes, assessments, rentals, rates, fees, tolls, fares and other charges provided for herein and to fulfill the terms of any agreement made with the holders of such bonds or other obligations, that it will not in any way impair the rights or remedies of the holders, and that it will not modify in any way the exemption from taxation provided in the Act, until all such bonds together with interest thereon, and all costs and expenses in connection with any action or proceeding by or on behalf of such holders, are fully met and discharged. The State of Florida pledges to and agrees with the Federal Government that in the event the Federal Government or any agency or authority thereof shall construct or contribute any funds, materials or property for the construction, acquisition, extension, improvement, enlargement, maintenance, operation or furnishing of any of the projects of the District, or any part thereof, the State will not alter or limit the rights and powers of the District in any manner which would be inconsistent with the continued maintenance and operation of such project, or any part thereof, or the improvement thereof, or which would be inconsistent with the due performance of any agreements between the District and the Federal Government, and the District shall continue to have and may exercise all powers herein granted so long as the Board of Supervisors may deem the same necessary or desirable for the carrying out of the purposes of this Act and the purposes of the Federal Government in the construction, acquisition, extension, improvement, enlargement, maintenance, operation or furnishing of any of the projects of the District, or any part thereof.

Here is disney's coercion letter: https://emma.msrb.org/P21566885-P21210477-.pdf

None of this would have happened or become general public knowledge if disney hadn't said they were going to push to repeal a law against sexualizing prepubescent children in grades kindergarten to third.

Disney is now holding the taxpayers of florida hostage so they can continue to exist while we know they want to force sex and gender topics on children who have no way to comprehend those things - see the leaked videos from their all hands meeting - and they are trying to keep their one of a kind deal that nobody else in the state has while doing that stuff.

... and they are holding the state's residents hostage to do it.

I'm betting disney doesn't want the terms of their district widely know and especially the fact that they are literally holding the entire stinking state if not the counties they are immediately surrounded by as tax slaves.

Be an absolute crying shame if that information was spread far and wide in meatspace and online.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#1]
They ain’t holding shit hostage. I know 80 year old grandmoms in FL that have AK47’s………we’re good.

The tax thing will get resolved, the main thing is these morons see that their is a strong resistance to their bullshit. If they try and push back, then we push back 10 times harder
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 1:27:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They ain’t holding shit hostage. I know 80 year old grandmoms in FL that have AK47’s………we’re good.

The tax thing will get resolved, the main thing is these morons see that their is a strong resistance to their bullshit. If they try and push back, then we push back 10 times harder
View Quote

I don't expect them to get away with it but as long as that clause is in there and they have t he SD ... if this stands, they are a threat to the state as long as they have that, and they can just happily run along issuing bonds till the sky falls with the giddy thought that if someone tries to stop them, the more money they throw down the toilet, the harder it will be to stop them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#3]
To quote Darth Vader:  "I am altering the deal.  Pray I do not alter it any further. "

Disney is about to learn that politicians do not keep their  word and laws and rules can be easily  changed by a legislature.   How many times have gun owners been promised something only to have the deal changed later?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Fxxk Disney.  I would gladly pay more tax to get rid of those rat Fxxkers.  Corporations have no business dictating what we can or cannot do when comes to our children.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't expect them to get away with it but as long as that clause is in there and they have t he SD ... if this stands, they are a threat to the state as long as they have that, and they can just happily run along issuing bonds till the sky falls with the giddy thought that if someone tries to stop them, the more money they throw down the toilet, the harder it will be to stop them.
View Quote

LOL at the defeatist shill.  The Mouse won't get shit from FL or the counties.  Disney will be paying their bills, plus bringing their buildings up to code, plus paying he property/sales taxes they should have paid all along.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

LOL at the defeatist shill.  The Mouse won't get shit from FL or the counties.  Disney will be paying their bills, plus bringing their buildings up to code, plus paying he property/sales taxes they should have paid all along.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does pointing out that it's a horrible clause and needs to go and should be widely know and that disney is using it to hold people hostage ... equate to defeatism and being a shill for disney?

Do not grok.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Not quite but close to corriea (of monster hunger semi-fame) level foul, so headphones:

How DeSantis COST Disney BILLIONS Of Dollars!

Basically, he's saying the clause is unconscionable, therefore the state straight up won't enforce it.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2011/672.302
672.302 Unconscionable contract or clause.—
(1) If the court as a matter of law finds the contract or any clause of the contract to have been unconscionable at the time it was made the court may refuse to enforce the contract, or it may enforce the remainder of the contract without the unconscionable clause, or it may so limit the application of any unconscionable clause as to avoid any unconscionable result.
(2) When it is claimed or appears to the court that the contract or any clause thereof may be unconscionable the parties shall be afforded a reasonable opportunity to present evidence as to its commercial setting, purpose and effect to aid the court in making the determination.
History.—s. 1, ch. 65-254.
Note.—s. 2-302, U.C.C.

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/what-is-an-unconscionable-contract.html
What is an Unconscionable Contract?

An unconscionable contract is a contract that is so severely one-sided and unfair to one of the parties that it is deemed unenforceable under the law. Unconscionability in contract law means that the contract is one that leaves one of the parties with no real, meaningful choice, typically due to significant differences in bargaining power between the parties to the contract. One of the main characteristics of unconscionable contracts is that one of the parties signed the contract in a situation that involved pressure, lack of information, or because they were misled.

What are the Elements of an Unconscionable Contract?

There are several elements or factors that may cause a contract to be found unconscionable. In unconscionable contract cases, the party wishing to cancel the contract must show one of the following:

Undue influence;
   Duress;
   Unequal bargaining power;
   Unfair surprise; or
   Limiting warranty.

When one party exercises undue influence over another, it means that one party unreasonably pressures another party to get them to sign the contract, especially in cases where one party takes advantage of the other party in some way.

Duress occurs when one party uses threats or intimidation in order to get the other party to agree to the terms of the contract. Threatening actions can include physical threats or other types of threats, such as not releasing the goods which are the subject of the contract in the proper manner until the other party signs the contract.

Unequal bargaining power occurs when one party has an unreasonable advantage over the other party. This can be demonstrated by showing that one party is aware that the other party obviously did not understand the contract terms.

Unfair surprise occurs when the party that created the contract includes a term or terms in the contract that the other party was not aware of. It is also a term or terms that is not within the other party’s expectations.

A limiting warranty would cause a contract to be unconscionable if one of the parties tries to limit their liability to a breach of contract. It would also apply if the party tried to limit their liability to any damages that they may cause.
View Quote

So they shot themselves in the foot by driving too hard of a bargain originally.

Sick that the clause is so bad it may be found to fit this.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:44:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not an attorney nor do I play one on TV but let's walk this through:

The only thing one sided here is that Disney gets a special exception and exemption from paying taxes and having to adhere to all the same codes and rules as every other citizen and company in these counties.

I realize that common sense is non existent in the legal world and that the system was created that way on purpose, but I'm still confident that Disney is not going to win this. Desantis and his office seem to only act when they know they can win...
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Disney should tread lightly, the State can make their life even more uncomfortable if it choses too.

I don't know what the real effects will be, but maybe this will teach companies to keep their mouth shut. This may indeed cost FL money, but I'm banking it's going to cost Disney a whole lot more money.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#10]
the truth is, that after the dust settles, Disney World will BE a 'local taxpayer'.   Osceola and Orange Counties are going to bleed Disney with taxes and code/permit fees.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Settle down.  If the degenerates at Disney want to fight dirty we just gained the ability to condemn every building on the property.
The only real threat from Disney now is election tampering. They need someone loyal to them in power and know it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#12]
You can bet your ass the Governor won't allow Floridians to foot any bill.  Disney is a powerful organization here, but they are taking on the state, who carries a bigger stick.

This is a losing fight for Disney, they are alienating 50% of their customers, jeopardizing tax benefits, and unraveling decades of special treatment. What woke ass corporate officials thought this was a good fight to pick?  It would seem one is gone already.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:18:33 AM EDT
[#13]
OP is a defeatist that picks stories to bolster his defeatism.  What politicians give they can take away.  Disney will pay all they owe.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OP is a defeatist that picks stories to bolster his defeatism.  What politicians give they can take away.  Disney will pay all they owe.
View Quote

That's a lie and if you believe it you are messed up in the head.

You couldn't prove what you've said is not a lie and I doubt you're honest enough to try.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Settle down.  If the degenerates at Disney want to fight dirty we just gained the ability to condemn every building on the property.
The only real threat from Disney now is election tampering. They need someone loyal to them in power and know it.
View Quote

I was and am pissed that the state government at that time would sign something so insanely one-sided and more pissed that the scumbags at disney would attempt to use it in order to get their way, when their way is to sexualize children and they've been outed admitting that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You couldn't prove what you've said is not a lie and I doubt you're honest enough to try.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't lie.  In an earlier age I would demand satisfaction with swords at dawn.  Since you don't believe me, do you believe Gov. DeSantis?  3 Days ago he said:

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis rejects the idea that Florida will have to pay off Disney’s debts if the state wants to dissolve the company’s special tax district. During a Fox News town hall on Thursday, DeSantis maintained that Disney will handle its own debts.  “No. Disney will pay its debts,”
“Disney will, for the first time, actually live under the same laws as everybody else in Florida. Imagine that.”

Full story at: DeSantis to the Mouse
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't lie.  In an earlier age I would demand satisfaction with swords at dawn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't lie.  In an earlier age I would demand satisfaction with swords at dawn.

Than you should retract what you posted because it is a lie and is in no way supported by what I posted and for the life of me I can't figure out why my being ticked at disney means you are forced to think I am somehow a defeatist.

Since you don't believe me, do you believe Gov. DeSantis?  3 Days ago he said:

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis rejects the idea that Florida will have to pay off Disney’s debts if the state wants to dissolve the company’s special tax district. During a Fox News town hall on Thursday, DeSantis maintained that Disney will handle its own debts.  “No. Disney will pay its debts,”
“Disney will, for the first time, actually live under the same laws as everybody else in Florida. Imagine that.”

Full story at: DeSantis to the Mouse

I didn't say the taxpayers or anyone else besides disney would have to pay it.

I said disney is using that clause as extortion to try and get what they want.

Are you even reading what I'm posting or are you treating this like twitter and just scanning things instead of trying to understand them?

I also wonder if you've bothered to notice the later post in the thread I did with the video, where the guy says that the state is not going to enforce the clause and disney is going to be forced to pay it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck the Empire of the Rat.
IIRC OP got called out hard and beat down in GD on this very subject.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 1:34:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fuck the Empire of the Rat.
IIRC OP got called out hard and beat down in GD on this very subject.
View Quote

What color is the sky in your world?

No, you don't remember correctly. ETA: The people I was disagreeing with were the ones  saying that desantis and the state didn't have the right to yank the RCID from disney, and I was telling them no, desantis did have the right and should take it from them. I'll find you the post links if you refuse to believe.

It's wild to watch people jump off the cliff like lemmings without thinking for themselves and never be able to produce when asked to.

-------------------------

Disney Simps SUE DeSantis...Can They Win? (ft. Valliant Renegade)

Some idiots are trying to sue the state on behalf of disney and are going to get their faces pushed in and the courts are likely to not even allow the cases.

More info: https://thatparkplace.com/misinformation-alert-no-osceola-is-not-suing-florida-over-disney/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top