Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2022 9:32:19 AM EDT
Anyone rode the train lately? We want to just take a day trip to Miami and wanted to know if they have security type checks for guns? Thx
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:21:28 AM EDT
[#1]
You are not allowed to carry. They have TSA style security. They no longer allow checked firearms, even LEO are no/go without special approval. Carbon fiber pocket knife is the only option.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are not allowed to carry. They have TSA style security. They no longer allow checked firearms, even LEO are no/go without special approval. Carbon fiber pocket knife is the only option.
View Quote

Damn, thx
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

How does that work when it's a wholly intrastate system and no provision has been made it state law?

EDIT: Ah, I see... "Brightline is the country's first privately owned, operated and maintained passenger rail service." Did not remotely think that it was private.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Brightline has killed a lot of people with their trains.  I guess they want to maintain a monopoly on mayhem.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#5]
And how is that their fault.  People be DUMB!  You see the videos?
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, that will kill any notion I had of riding a train to Miami for a weekend.

I could live with it being checked in baggage.

No/Go = No/Go
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#7]
That's fucked up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Current tally is apparently at 63 KBB (Killed By Brightline) since it started. That’s like one a month…either suicides or people being stupid.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I ride often.  No guns but they have never stopped me from carrying my pocket knife.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Brightline has killed a lot of people with their trains.  I guess they want to maintain a monopoly on mayhem.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top