Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2021 6:16:00 PM EDT
Went out this afternoon to check my game cameras. As I was approaching one of my feeders I noticed two hogs about 25 yards away... how they didn't see me or hear my truck... I know why, they had their faces in the dirt feeding.

I parked, slowly exited my truck, and used a tree clump to mask my approach. As I got to the tree clump I stepped out into full view and they still had not yet seen me. As they had thei backs to me, I carefully stepped closer and closer until I was about 10 yards from one this one.

A well-placed shot from my Gen 2 G19 9mm and she went maybe 10 steps. Hit just above the elbow which meant a heart shot.

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice - what ammo?
View Quote

Speer 124gr Gold Dot +P
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Speer 124gr Gold Dot +P
View Quote

Nice shot.  That’s the duty ammo I use.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Pretty soon you will need to take one with a spear!  Man you seem to have a lot of field options, or the place is loaded up heavy in meat targets.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Gen 2? Not gen 5? Clearly you're going to die in the streets without a gen 5 with rmr and surefire light.

Nice job Bob. ??
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#6]
GEN 2 is without the bells and whistles is probably why he can afford the ammo.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pretty soon you will need to take one with a spear!  Man you seem to have a lot of field options, or the place is loaded up heavy in meat targets.
View Quote

It's a wonderful piece of property and I'm the only one who has been given access. I kind of hit the "hunting land lottery" when I developed a relationship with the owners.

It's got a lot of hogs, deer, and turkey... but I don't turkey hunt. The coyote hunting is good as well.

As with all good things... I'm sure some day I will lose access... but until then, I'll continue to treat the place as my own and enjoy the place while I can.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Are you going to eat that thing?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top