Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2021 2:14:07 PM EDT
What's your opinion?

Kaboom
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I was warned never to vacuum up spilled powder.

That would have to be one helluva reloading accident, was he reloading 155mm or something.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#2]
He mighta been reloading, but it wasn't ammo with smokeless powder.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Smokeless won't do that. Something else was going on.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 2:52:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe I missed it but I didn’t see anything in the article about reloading. Anyway definitely not reloading with smokeless powder. Somebody was making fireworks or bombs .
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Saw that.

37/40mm?

Reloading black powder cartridges?

Primer stack lit off a ammo can of primers?

Smokeless burns unless he had it in some sort of container that blew up.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, reloading not mentioned in the article (print) or the video segment.   As mentioned above, smokeless powder wouldn't do that unless intentionally mishandled.  The first thing I thought was a gas leak but then the article (and video) mentioned that there is no gas utility in the neighborhood...  My next guess would be a leaking 20 pound propane can commonly used for BBQ grills...

ETA - just found a longer discussion of this topic in the ARFcom general reloading forum HERE.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I just want to know where he got all those primers.  I haven't found any in a long time.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 1:39:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, they did say ATF was helping.  Must be a reason they are there?
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, they did say ATF was helping.  Must be a reason they are there?
View Quote

Because they’re actually ATFE.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw that.

Reloading black powder cartridges?

View Quote

This is what I would suspect but haven't heard anything else.  To completely blow the garage door off and most of the block construction of the side of the garage, DAMN.  

There's another article that said he was able to tell EMS that he had six pounds of something out and was reloading, probably right before they sedated him I'd assume.  Never heard if he made it either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top