Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2021 2:35:46 PM EDT
I’m looking to take real practical training for CCW in Florida. I already have my permit and have satisfied the relatively basic requirements through my other NRA classes (SRO, Handgun, etc)

That said, I’m looking for real training that will improve my ability to respond if I’m ever forced to use it.

Can anyone recommend a good class or trainer?
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Jared Reston w/ Reston Group.

I have taken multiple classes with him to include the Concealed Carry Deployment class.

Reston Group Training
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 7:00:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Speak with Bob at Signal-O.com He runs a great class which is dedicated to carbine and or pistol, not necessarily CCW oriented. I am sure the skills you learn from him can be easily incorporated into your daily CCW routine. IMHO, keeping it concealed is a fraction of what you need to know. How to USE the weapon once needed is far more important.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Depending on what you’re specifically after, there are some excellent training options throughout the state.

I run classes under Signal-0 up in Aucilla, just east of Tallahassee.

I start with the fundamentals and skills assessment and then rapidly progress through static drills and moving drills. We cover just about everything pertaining to combat gun fighting in the public domain.

Woven throughout the course is an emphasis on tactical perception and the OODA loop. Fighting from cover, one and two man tactics, room/area clearing techniques, open fields, etc., you never know when or where you might have to fight.

We have a great time, grill out after class, and my class costs are absurdly low. Usually each class if half full of repeats.

You can get more info at Signal-0.com

Training isn’t a one and done deal, I highly recommend you take classes from a variety of providers as every class and every instructor offers something different.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I learned to shoot growing up in Shanty town..West Side Jacksonville
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Bowhntr6pt would likely be happy to help you along.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 3:04:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Jared Reston, Don Edwards, or any of the instructors that Neal from Gun Gallery hosts.  All good options.  I’d probably start with a Jared Reston CCW class and go from there.  He’s a former police officer that’s been in some gunfights and lived to be able to teach people like you and I how to survive them.

https://restongrouptraining.com/courses.aspx
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 4:19:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Reston does a solid ccw class
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I also have taken a few of Jared Restons classes including the Concealed deployment class,def a jam up instructor with real world experience few have nowadays . Highly recommend Reston group for training
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Definitely look at Signal-0.  Great class and I’ll be going back in March.

Can’t say enough for the training and the social atmosphere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top