Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2021 9:33:54 AM EDT
you all should approve, a gun nut that votes correct.
Indiana to Tampa, all I know is I start at the end of september.

the relocation pays too good to not and I can ride my H2 more often.

NO idea where Ill move to at all. happening pretty fast,  I'm assuming I wont be able to find a house that fast and that really sucks.
please suggest areas to go and PLEASE on where to NOT go. Work is north Tampa. I have a relative in Ocala.
been in Tampa area once.

my daughter is high school age, when I told her, her response was "that sounds scary" I was NOT expecting that response. I get it from her view.
her mom passed 2 years ago so it would be a good change for both of us.

thanks for any info if you can. stopping in tomorrow
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#1]
gotta go make $$     back later
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Housing market is NUTS right now. You might rent for a bit to figure the area out and let the market chill. Lots of folks that work in North Tampa commute from Pasco, Hernando, or Polk counties.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Dade City or Brooksville areas will be a good fit I bet.
I'm in New Port Richey during the week (shithole) and Ocala on the weekends.
Hernando Sportsman club is a good place to shoot with some kind of gun games every weekend.
It's where I shoot action rifle and 2 or 3 gun.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Wesley Chapel area is decent too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Land o Lakes, Wesley Chapel and Lutz are nice areas with good schools.  I’d hate to be trying to buy a house.  Ours has almost doubled in value in 2 years!
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want to be close but outside Tampa, look at homes in Valrico, Riverview or Brandon. Those will be a short commute.

Lutz, Wesley Chapel, land o lakes and San Antonio are further out but may be worth the longer commute.

As previously stated, the prices and taxes on property are going up all over the place.

I would recommend renting for a year so you can visit different areas and decide which one is for you.

Good luck and welcome.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Rent is insane as well unfortunately. We are in an apartment in Wesley Chapel and I commute to S. Tampa. Average about a 30 min drive as traffic is not bad for the hours I work.  We are paying 2000/mo for a 1150 sq ft apart w garage and internet/cable included. Signed a 14 mo lease in March, and if you go to the complex site currently, the same apartments are going for 2600 for the same setup.  Very little house inventory in the 250-400k price range in this area as well.  I figure I will have to make some tough decisions in around 7 months.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 5:59:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Housing market is NUTS right now. You might rent for a bit to figure the area out and let the market chill. Lots of folks that work in North Tampa commute from Pasco, Hernando, or Polk counties.
View Quote

My In laws just moved here from Indiana in July, housing prices here will cause you sticker shock compared to Indiana, I hope you did your research before you accepted the new job.
I was the one looking for a home for them here, turns out we found one for them just a few doors away from us.
FIL had to come up with almost $150,000 more to buy the same size house here in a similar area.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#9]
been traveling for work all over the country

I'm not selling my current home. its definitely went up in $
I'm renting a house in hernando Co till I get the hang of it all.

I've been in the area for work plenty, never paid attention to living there aspects UNTIL I got a relocation job offer.

regardless, it will be a welcome change for me and my daughter. my wife passed 2 yrs ago and a couple other really
close relatives also. she said she's glad to get away from the bad luck here. hopefully it gets her out of her shell. very quiet.

she will also have her brother in Ocala near.

then in a year or 2 re evaluate staying.

see you all next week
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm renting a house in hernando Co till I get the hang of it all.

View Quote

Hernando County native here...IM me if you need any local info or insights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top