Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2021 4:33:30 AM EDT

Anybody have FWC Leo contacts? Seems like something they would be interested in. Tourists flying a drone in front of a gator’s face. What did they think was going to happen.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd venture to guess that gator is a goner...unless it ended up spitting it out.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Lithium and water don't mix very well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lithium and water don't mix very well.
View Quote

Bingo
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Bet that 'gator has some serious indigestion...
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow Gator Ghost Peppers
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#7]
That video makes me feel significantly less comfortable using dive lights that contain Li-Ion batteries inside pressure-tested delrin canisters that can occasionally fail, and are strapped to my dive harness with nylon webbing... lmfao
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#8]
They are going to get a visit from FWC.

I'm not an animal nut or anything, but those people are assholes, I hope they get a huge fine. How'd you like it if you were chilling out and some tourist flew a drone 2' from you, dickheads.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I seriously doubt they flew the drone that close as bait. I would bet they just wanted some video with no idea this was going to happen. I would bet any jury that tried this in court would be surprised this even happened. IMO this is no different than a deer that suicides by running out in front of a car.
I think the drone owner has learned an expensive lesson and it will be left at that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I seriously doubt they flew the drone that close as bait. I would bet they just wanted some video with no idea this was going to happen. I would bet any jury that tried this in court would be surprised this even happened. IMO this is no different than a deer that suicides by running out in front of a car.
I think the drone owner has learned an expensive lesson and it will be left at that.
View Quote

Not sure about down in the Everglades, but the local FWC guys would likely throw the book at the tourists.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 6:01:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd venture to guess that gator is a goner...unless it ended up spitting it out.
View Quote

So long gator, you won't be missed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Unless drone is recovered and it got registration number on it.......I don't see how can they connect video to whoever posted it. Especially with footage posted is not from drone itself. They can claim they were chilling and noticed someone else drone.....

In general, disturbing wildlife with drones is against FAA regulations
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#13]
well its pulled down now ,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top