Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2021 2:36:19 PM EDT
WTF is going on down there?

My understanding is that DeSantis has signed into law that private and public entities are prohibited from asking and showing proof of vaccine. Yet I see Disney is requiring its employees and patrons to be vaccinated, how does that work? I also noticed the Sarasota school district is forcing masks when it should be optional, including that lady saying that parents do not know how to parent and that the school knows better???

Can anyone enlighten me with some clarifications? Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure I’ll assist.

***Leftists/Democrats are not afraid of any consequences.***

I could write a 4 paragraph dissertation on the why and how, but this is the reason. Until they are thrown in prison for breaking the law, they will continue to give zero fucks. Also apparently some random Leftist judge in Leon County, FL has more power than the Governor of the State, not sure when and where that became a thing
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The mouse is huge money and an almost separate country it seems in regards to what they do.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The bill is here:  https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2021/2006/BillText/er/PDF

The part you may be referencing is towards the end of the document, on page 39.  The text:

381.00316 COVID-19 vaccine documentation.—
(1) A business entity, as defined in s. 768.38 to include any business operating in this state, may not require patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business operations in this state.  
This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government-issued guidance to protect public health.  
(2) A governmental entity as defined in s. 768.38 may not require persons to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the governmental entity’s operations in this state. This subsection does not otherwise restrict governmental entities from instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government-issued guidance to protect public health.
(3) An educational institution as defined in s. 768.38 may not require students or residents to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery for attendance or enrollment, or to gain access to, entry upon, or service from such educational institution in this state. This subsection does not otherwise restrict educational institutions from instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government-issued guidance to protect public health.
(4) The department may impose a fine not to exceed $5,000 per violation.
(5) This section does not apply to a health care provider as defined in s. 768.38; a service provider licensed or certified under s. 393.17, part III of chapter 401, or part IV of chapter 468; or a provider with an active health care clinic exemption under s. 400.9935.

It bans various types of businesses from asking patrons for proof of vaccination (Vaccine Passports).  However, nothing prevents employers from requiring/forcing their employees to get vaccinated.

Supposedly, Disney World is not checking visitors for proof of vaccination, in accordance with the law.  Conversely, Disney Cruise Lines does require proof of vaccination.  A judge blocked the law after NCL challenged it.  Reuters Link  It may also be that Disney Cruise Lines is a Bahamian registered ship/company, so their lawyers are using that angle.  DeSantis is appealing the ruling.

The primary thing occurring down here is the requirement for masks on schoolkids.  DeSantis threatened to withhold funding from any dissenting school districts that mandated masks, several districts mandated them anyways, and the Fed stepped into the fray and said they would pick up the tab if DeSantis follows through with the threat.

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:40:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The bill is here:  https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2021/2006/BillText/er/PDF

The part you may be referencing is towards the end of the document, on page 39.  The text:

381.00316 COVID-19 vaccine documentation.
(1) A business entity, as defined in s. 768.38 to include any business operating in this state, may not require patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business operations in this state.  
This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government-issued guidance to protect public health.  
(2) A governmental entity as defined in s. 768.38 may not require persons to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the governmental entity's operations in this state. This subsection does not otherwise restrict governmental entities from instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government-issued guidance to protect public health.
(3) An educational institution as defined in s. 768.38 may not require students or residents to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery for attendance or enrollment, or to gain access to, entry upon, or service from such educational institution in this state. This subsection does not otherwise restrict educational institutions from instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government-issued guidance to protect public health.
(5) This section does not apply to a health care provider as defined in s. 768.38; a service provider licensed or certified under s. 393.17, part III of chapter 401, or part IV of chapter 468; or a provider with an active health care clinic exemption under s. 400.9935.

It bans various types of businesses from asking patrons for proof of vaccination (Vaccine Passports).  However, nothing prevents employers from requiring/forcing their employees to get vaccinated.

Supposedly, Disney World is not checking visitors for proof of vaccination, in accordance with the law.  Conversely, Disney Cruise Lines does require proof of vaccination.  A judge blocked the law after NCL challenged it.  Reuters Link  It may also be that Disney Cruise Lines is a Bahamian registered ship/company, so their lawyers are using that angle.  DeSantis is appealing the ruling.

The primary thing occurring down here is the requirement for masks on schoolkids.  DeSantis threatened to withhold funding from any dissenting school districts that mandated masks, several districts mandated them anyways, and the Fed stepped into the fray and said they would pick up the tab if DeSantis follows through with the threat.

View Quote
ohhhh boy...
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

And of course the left and their friends in the media spin this as DeSantis is trying to keep kids from wearing masks in school, instead of telling the truth and saying wear them if you want or don't wear them.  

If a private business wants to require it I have no problem with it...I just won't go there because my medical history is none of their business.  The cruise ship industry is getting killed and will probably do anything they can to just be allowed to operate again, so I get it, but I wouldn't be taking a cruise right now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

381.00316 COVID-19 vaccine documentation.—
(2) A governmental entity as defined in s. 768.38 may not require persons to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the governmental entity’s operations in this state. This subsection does not otherwise restrict governmental entities from instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government-issued guidance to protect public health.

View Quote

Well the big Man followd through and made good on the threat as of today....

Now to clarify: the above is saying that an employer in the State of Florida CAN require a vaccine? I might have missed it but i thought that was expressly forbidden? Patrons have a choice... so do employees but that choice is a much worse one
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well the big Man followd through and made good on the threat as of today....

Now to clarify: the above is saying that an employer in the State of Florida CAN require a vaccine? I might have missed it but i thought that was expressly forbidden? Patrons have a choice... so do employees but that choice is a much worse one
View Quote

It does not specifically prohibit an employer from requiring vaccinations for their employees, so in effect, it allows it.  I have not heard of any medium-sized or large local companies (in South Florida) doing this, but nationwide companies have been requiring their employees to get vaccinated.

A lot of places, including mine, are offering a bonus payment once vaccinated.  It is generating a lot of talk regarding HIPAA concerns, as well as the legality of employer vaccine mandates, but right now, a boss in Florida can ask employees if they are vaccinated and the mandates have not been ruled illegal.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top