Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2021 6:45:45 PM EDT
Biggest hassle so far........Florida been jerking me around for months now..........finally got a letter saying background inconclusive and application process suspended............139.00 dollars wasted.......government incompetence...........applied in another state and got it in 2 weeks!  Florida needs to get their act together!
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#1]
details??
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
details..........they don't know what the hell they are doing............period...........
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
details..........they don't know what the hell they are doing............period...........
View Quote

I had the same thing. I have been trying to call them but I get a voice message saying that no one is available and call back later. I figured out what they are calling inconclusive (young stupidity when I was 18, all dismissed). I requested that documentation from the locality and they are sending it to me... but I have no idea what to do after that. This is really confusing.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#4]
How can they say background inconclusive ?  Either you have a record or you don’t .
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How can they say background inconclusive ?  Either you have a record or you don’t .
View Quote

The letter says "we need to do more research."

Basically we aren't doing shit to help you get a permit because Nikki says so
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#6]
My advice is to apply at another state..........and stop dicking around with Florida............I did.........applied at another state and got it in 2 weeks..........no finger prints, no photos.......and for 50. bucks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Its a racket....they say they are "shall Issue"......oh hell no.........they reserve the right to re-set the 90 day clock......over and over again..........
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Are you prior military?

I had the same issue.

In short, they weren't sure how to classify my .mil fuck ups.

Luckily, someone somewhere figured it out in the end.

The whole ordeal took over 18 mo. if I recall.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine took about 5 months.  I was confused on the payment cause its one for fingerprinting , one for application and one for background check.  I wish they would just tell you the total.  However, I did eventually receive mine even though my hold up was not giving them enough funds.  I did submit my hunter education course and a previous CHL course I took in Texas.  Maybe having previous licenses in other states helped out?
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I would suggest you gather documentation of any charges that were dismissed, nolle prossed (never filed), or that you completed an adjudication with held for.  Then make an appointment at a local division of licensing field office or a tax office that issues CCW's if there is one in your county and go there with the paperwork proving any "youthful indiscretions" did not result in a conviction and you qualify for a permit.

I will say that since nikki fried became the commissioner the entire division of licensing (I deal with them for more then CCW permits) has gone down hill.  It is a shame they used to be just the nicest, most helpful people you would ever find in government employment.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#11]
That's because of the cunt rag Nikki fried brains. When I moved my permit was applied for first day the county was reopen after hurricane Irma. I was there as they plugged the computers back in and started them up. It was a Tuesday, I got email Weds stating it was approved had permit in hand by the weekend. This raggy bitch has destroyed the permitting process for a reason.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My advice is to apply at another state..........and stop dicking around with Florida............I did.........applied at another state and got it in 2 weeks..........no finger prints, no photos.......and for 50. bucks.
View Quote
Are you a FL Resident? If so, it doesn't work. We only recognize out of state permits from people that aren't residents of FL. If you're claiming residency in FL you need a FL permit just like you need a FL DL.

This is why Constitutional Carry is important.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 5:50:09 AM EDT
[#13]
So you are telling me a Florida Resident can only use a Florida CWP and one from another state is no good?    I can't find any law that says that specifically........can you quote it for me?
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So you are telling me a Florida Resident can only use a Florida CWP and one from another state is no good?    I can't find any law that says that specifically........can you quote it for me?
View Quote
1. FL does not recognize Non Resident Permits from other States. If you are not from Utah for example and have a Utah Permit,  FL does not recognize it. FDACS website says the following:

These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident licenses cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.

2. State Law flat out says that if you are becoming  a FL Resident. Your out of state Permit is only good for 90 days while you are establishing residency in FL as a grace period. When Residency is established,  that permit is no good and you must get a FL permit.

790.015 Nonresidents who are United States citizens and hold a concealed weapons license in another state; reciprocity.—

(1) Notwithstanding s. 790.01, a nonresident of Florida may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm while in this state if the nonresident:
(3) If the resident of another state who is the holder of a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm issued in another state establishes legal residence in this state by:
(a) Registering to vote;
(b) Making a statement of domicile pursuant to s. 222.17; or
(c) Filing for homestead tax exemption on property in this state,
the license shall remain in effect for 90 days following the date on which the holder of the license establishes legal state residence.

FL has it so where a FL Resident cannot bypass the process of obtaining a FL CCW to carry. Non Resident out of state Permits are not honored.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 1:46:45 PM EDT
[#15]
thanks for the information........No I am not a Florida resident and don't intend to be one.........soon as sell my property, I'm out of here........I received a CWP in another state in 2 weeks, Florida has been screwing around since march........I'm glad driver's license is good in all 50 states.........and not this kind of bs.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
thanks for the information........No I am not a Florida resident and don't intend to be one.........soon as sell my property, I'm out of here........I received a CWP in another state in 2 weeks, Florida has been screwing around since march........I'm glad driver's license is good in all 50 states.........and not this kind of bs.
View Quote
You have to surrender your DL too. If you claim residency in another state, you cannot have a FL one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't have a FL DL and I wouldnt want one..........no fault insurance is a joke..........
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You have to surrender your DL too. If you claim residency in another state, you cannot have a FL one.
View Quote

As far as im concerned the folks in Tallahassee ripped me off..........139 buks.........plus the coin for photos and fingerprints.........they suck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top