Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2021 4:19:40 PM EDT
Looking for central FL based Rifle (AK47) and some pistols training. I found “Combat Art Training” less than an hour from me. What I find odd is most training services will boast about the experience of their instructors, but not a peep on their website nor FB site about who is doing the training.
Any input on/about : “Combat Art Training “?
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of them... maybe reach out and ask.

I’m giving a carbine/pistol class in two weeks up in Aucilla, FL where you can run an AK if desired.

You can view my background at Signal-0.com

Will include everything applicable to gun fighting as well as marksmanship.

If lodging is an issue you can bunk for free in the hunt camp with us.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Bowhunter puts on a great class well below market pricing for what you get out of it a combo of mil and leo experience which is about the best mix. Civilian trainers lack the experience of employing arms against anything other than brown cardboard or whitewashed steel this comes through in most of their training programs. Bowhunter has trained with some top notch trainers and has been there and done that. You can run what ever you want. No judgement passed on gear or platform but if your stuff shits the bed you could get a suggestion or two.

The AK is a little quirky particularly with reloads and optics but a solid platform and solid round, none the less. I got several and a love them all from Dracos to Egyptian Maadis.  Carried a Mini 14 and a HK G3 every work day for about a decade before our agency moved into the 20th century and went with ARs so the rock in reload comes a little more natural for me. Besides reloads and optics a broken in well made AK is not gonna have any performance issues of a bargin bin to uppermid  level AR especially if its running a little dry. I think a lot of the AK operator stuff is a little gimmicky, the rock in reload is not easy to master and more easy to screw up flinging mags around trying to hit the release like instructor zero on methamphetamines.  You just need to keep the rifle topped off when you can and move on try not to get caught with a click in the open.

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Andrew is a former Marine who trains with other instructors you'd recognize. I have been very happy with the quality of the training. Ares Training Facility, where he teaches some of his classes, is also excellent, and worth a look. More info is available at the Combat Arms Training Youtube channel
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never heard of them... maybe reach out and ask.

I’m giving a carbine/pistol class in two weeks up in Aucilla, FL where you can run an AK if desired.

You can view my background at Signal-0.com

Will include everything applicable to gun fighting as well as marksmanship.

If lodging is an issue you can bunk for free in the hunt camp with us.
View Quote

In that neck of the woods I would look at Bowhnter6pt.  His site is Signal-0.com He has great reviews. Real deal humble instructor, with a great background. I have been in the business of firearms and tactics training for over 30 years and never heard a bad word spoken about him or his training.

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey man this is the owner of Combat Art Training, one of my students sent me the link to this post. You are right we don't have anything posted but we probably will soon. We always wanted people to come to us for what we teach, what our classes are like, and not for credentials because we believe it is about what we are doing now not what we used to do. Also our training is better than what you find in law enforcement and military, the commercial market is not as hindered by bureaucracy and that's why we continue to seek training in the commercial market rather than just falling back on our tax payer funded training. Training never ended for us.

Andrew Smrecek - Owner/Lead instructor
USMC - 4 years 0311 Rifleman E4 Assistant Patrol Leader
Deployments: Afghanistan - Defending Kajaki Dam, Yemen - Defense of US State Department Personnel at the US Embassy in Sana'a, Okinawa/Mainland Japan - Unit Deployment Program and Training of Japanese Ground Self Defense Force
Notable Military training: 1st BN 1st Mar Scout Sniper lead Designated Marksman Training, Special Operations Training Group lead Carbine Course

Civilian companies and Trainers Andrew has trained with:
Tactical Response
Greenline Tactical (Don Edwards)
Combat Speed LLC (Dave Harrington)
FIGHT Training LLC
Blue Line Firearms Training
Force 4 Training
NRA

Our other instructors bring knowledge from Army, Marine Corps, Law Enforcement, Private Contracting, and commercial training.

Watch our YouTube channel to see more:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfQlaLoGeWjmPcpGhn21gBw

Please go train with everyone, just understand you will learn more and grow more in one day of training with us than probably any other place. We don't hold back for civilians.

Email or call us for quicker responses.
Phone: 386-867-8869
Email: [email protected]

Specific to Sales

Companies or individuals may not advertise or sell products and/or services in the forums without permission from an admin. (This includes siglines and titles.) Industry Partners are allowed to post sales or specials on a limited basis and also require admin permission.

Professional Exchange program

IM sent - SGB
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:08:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I took the class and was very happy.
Learned a lot, was challenged and left with drills and mindsets I will work on outside of the class. I am going to seek more opportunities to train with Combat Art Training again.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#7]
@AndrewSmrecek welcome to Arf! Ares is my home range (and they're an awesome bunch). Look forward to a class sometime.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey man this is the owner of Combat Art Training, one of my students sent me the link to this post. You are right we don't have anything posted but we probably will soon. We always wanted people to come to us for what we teach, what our classes are like, and not for credentials because we believe it is about what we are doing now not what we used to do. Also our training is better than what you find in law enforcement and military, the commercial market is not as hindered by bureaucracy and that's why we continue to seek training in the commercial market rather than just falling back on our tax payer funded training. Training never ended for us.

Andrew Smrecek - Owner/Lead instructor
USMC - 4 years 0311 Rifleman E4 Assistant Patrol Leader
Deployments: Afghanistan - Defending Kajaki Dam, Yemen - Defense of US State Department Personnel at the US Embassy in Sana'a, Okinawa/Mainland Japan - Unit Deployment Program and Training of Japanese Ground Self Defense Force
Notable Military training: 1st BN 1st Mar Scout Sniper lead Designated Marksman Training, Special Operations Training Group lead Carbine Course

Civilian companies and Trainers Andrew has trained with:
Tactical Response
Greenline Tactical (Don Edwards)

I
Combat Speed LLC (Dave Harrington)
FIGHT Training LLC
Blue Line Firearms Training
Force 4 Training
NRA

Our other instructors bring knowledge from Army, Marine Corps, Law Enforcement, Private Contracting, and commercial training.

Watch our YouTube channel to see more:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfQlaLoGeWjmPcpGhn21gBw

Please go train with everyone, just understand you will learn more and grow more in one day of training with us than probably any other place. We don't hold back for civilians.

Email or call us for quicker responses.
Phone: 386-867-8869
Email: [email protected]

Specific to Sales

Companies or individuals may not advertise or sell products and/or services in the forums without permission from an admin. (This includes siglines and titles.) Industry Partners are allowed to post sales or specials on a limited basis and also require admin permission.

Professional Exchange program

IM sent - SGB
View Quote

I have taken several courses with Andrew (this is Frank…hi Andrew). I took basic pistol 1, 2, rifleman 1, 2 (I think haha), and pistol low light. Andrew is professional and more importantly, is safe and very knowledgeable. I am glad I met him and proud to be in the company of this patriot. I will continue to train with Andrew because of the above reasons, as well I have improved immensely with my shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top