Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2021 3:08:59 PM EDT

Almost back in Florida.  Last class of the year will be in Newberry, 3-4 December.  After that you can catch me in Homestead, Naples, Okeechobee or Holt in 2023.

Here's a review that Greg Ellifritz wrote about the Dallas iteration of SESAT this past September.  

Dallas SESAT

I hope to see you on the range!

John
Beloved Florida HTF!

Happy New Year edit and BUMP!

I am tanned, rested and ready to get the 2022 season underway next weekend in Okeechobe.  Still plenty of room there, but Naples and Homestead are filling up.  Check the links below to enroll or for additional information.

I integrate pepper spray throughout the curriculum of Street Encounter Skills and Tactics.  Below is the presentation I use to move students to a baseline understanding before more to practical application and integration with other soft and hard skills.

3 December Edit!

I have moved all of my lecture curriculum to YouTube, so when students show up on Saturday AM I issue kit and we roll right into skills training.  This course is a much more holistic approach to armed self-defense than producing a pistol from concealment and shooting (Though we do plenty of that, too.)

Street Encounter Skills and Tactics: Context and Content

Time for some edits and additions!  I will be presenting this class several times in Florida in the near future, and into early 2022

8-9 January, 2022, Okeechobee

15-16 January, 2022, Naples

22-23 January, 2022, Homestead

5-6 February, 2022 Holt

Here is a link to a detailed review/AAR for the course.  Bottom line is that this class is relevant and applicable to your daily life as an armed citizen.  LINK

See you on the range!

John

EDIT:  $25 price bump for 2022.  Cost of fuel, pepper spray, etc.

Greetings, Florida HTF!

John Murphy here, the owner and lead instructor for FPF Training.  I was one of those damned gubmint men that retired and moved to the Sunshine State in February.  Since then I've been driving around the country presenting my signature course "Street Encounter Skills and Tactics."  Here's a video "infomercial."  (The course name was changed to better reflect the content.

FPF Training's Street Encounter Skills and Tactics

I'll be presenting the class in Gainesville 14-15 November and Homestead 11-12 December.

Cost of the course is $425, plus any applicable range fees.  250 rounds required.  

Street Encounter Skills and Tactics prepares citizens for personal security challenges by equipping them with a comprehensive suite of “soft” and “hard” skills that are woven into a holistic approach to legal self-defense.  

Who is this course for?

This course is for the person who recognizes that there is much more to personal safety than simply carrying a gun.  If you want to expand your knowledge and acquire skills oriented toward the layered nature of civilian self-defense, this class is for you.

Methodology
Employing an iterative approach, students progressively acquire skills and knowledge required to enforce their security decisions and secure themselves before, during and after an incident.  Among these skills are:

Stopping Bleeding (Medical Trauma)
Employing Pepper Spray (Less-Lethal Options)
Interacting with Law Enforcement (Legal Preparation)
Street Encounter Skills (Managing contacts and conflicts for de-escalation and de-selection)

Subsequently these concepts and newly acquired skills are reinforced and validated as students are exposed to a combination of drills and scenario-based exercises emphasizing decision-making and decisively employing an appropriate course of action.

End state

Students will be equipped with an understanding of the threats they face and provided a comprehensive suite of skills and tactics that enable them to respond to these circumstances within legal and moral constraints.    

*Please note that the live-fire portions of this course are primarily concerned with the decisions and consequences involved with the application of deadly force.  Various techniques are discussed and demonstrated, but the emphasis is “when and where” to apply deadly force rather than shooting skills.

Cost
$425, which does not include applicable range fees.  These are range dependent, but usually $25/day.

Requirements: 250 rounds of ball ammunition (factory is MUCH preferred), the pistol you carry, a QUALITY holster (No SERPA type or floppy nylon!) at least 4 magazines, eye and ear protection, weather appropriate clothing, food, water, sunscreen, bug repellent, notepad and pen…the usual stuff you need on the range for a class. Students must have had prior formal training in safety, marksmanship, and drawing the pistol from concealment. All students are expected to arrive at the course well-versed in safe gun handling practices. Each student will receive two POM pepper spray trainers and one POM live agent dispenser as part of the course fee.  Students will NOT be exposed to live agent during this class.

Thanks, and I hope to see you on the range!

John
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Update and monthly BUMP!
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Monthly Bump!

Here is a review of the course that I presented at the Firearms Academy of Seattle.  LINK

The course includes what is currently a 3.5 hour video "view ahead", that is free and up on YouTube.  I'll be adding to that video list very soon as I move more of the Saturday classroom time to online training in order to allow for more hands on work during the course.

1. Concealed Carry: Issues and Perspectives

See you on the range!

John
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Monthly Bump!  

Here is another of the video series that is intended as "view ahead" for the Street Encounter Skills and Tactics course.  Rather than focus on the shooting portion of concealed carry, I have adopted a more holistic approach.

4. Concealed Carry: Criminal Assault Pre-Incident Indicators
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]
December bump!

See you on the range!

John
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#5]
January bump!
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I've left Florida to start the national circuit, but I'll be back!

John
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Currently in Indiana, but I'll be back for a class in Newberry in December.  2023 will start at Homestead, then Okeechobee, Naples and Holt.  Stay tuned!
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 9:30:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Currently in VA, getting ready to launch my Northern route that will take me out to the West Coast.  

Here's a review of a recent class: https://www.ammoland.com/2022/05/fpf-training-street-encounters-debrief/#axzz7U0zvbV9F

Also, I am putting together my 2023 schedule. Still some tweaks to the new e-commerce solution, but I'll be in all the familiar places in Florida in January.  I will be running a Vehicle Environment Skills class in Homestead on 7 January, which is new for Florida.

https://www.shootingclasses.com/fpf-training-llc/

See you on the range!

John
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Wrapped up Wisconsin, now I'm on to MN and NE!

Here's a video blog review of the class I presented in GA.

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m looking forward to your 2023 Florida dates and locations.

I’ll be a Florida resident in 3 days.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I am in Virginia now about to start my move South.  See you on the range!
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Bump!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top