Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2021 10:53:27 PM EDT
Does a resident Florida concealed weapons license allow you to avoid the 3 day wait, or do you still have to?  Also does it allow you to avoid a NCIS check?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:12:11 PM EDT
[#1]
No wait  but still background

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No wait  but still background

View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Why does the Florida CWL not take the place of the the NICS check, the way some concealed handgun licenses do?  Is it a matter of how detailed the background check is?  For how long the licencce is good for?  Some state issue about if they choose have their license fully set up?

The Texas resident one I have now takes the place of the NICS check, which is nice as there's no waiting around for that to come back, and you generally get lower transfer fees from a FFL if you have what we call our License to Carry (LTC).
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why does the Florida CWL not take the place of the the NICS check, the way some concealed handgun licenses do?  Is it a matter of how detailed the background check is?  For how long the licencce is good for?  Some state issue about if they choose have their license fully set up?

The Texas resident one I have now takes the place of the NICS check, which is nice as there's no waiting around for that to come back, and you generally get lower transfer fees from a FFL if you have what we call our License to Carry (LTC).
View Quote

If I remember correctly, it has something to do with the fact that our license is issued by the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services which is not  a law enforcement agency.  The background check is actually done by our FDLE - Florida Department of Law Enforcement, but ATF did not accept that relationship for the purposes of NICS.

I may be wrong, its been a long time since I research this topic .
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds reasonable.  My Texas one is issued by the Texas version of the State Police.  I remember in Florida there were complaints about the state issuing agency being slow about issuing them, so the Legislature moved the issuing of them over to the Ag department, as it was a reliably coderivative agency.

Then leftist money bought an election with Darling Nikii, don't ask about her magazine!, getting the post, so the torpedo circled back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top