Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2021 2:31:08 PM EDT
Hello Florida men and women,

I am coming to visit Pensacola next week and I'm looking for a place that has good gulf oysters.

Anybody know a place? I know oysters are a little difficult right now but I figured I'd check around.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe Peg Legs Pete's or Joe Pattis new restaurant or Nicks Boathouse
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I will check them out. Thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:00:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Nicks Boathouse
View Quote

Absolutely do not go there.

Peg Leg Pete's (beach) will have them, Grand Marlin (beach) should have them (more expensive place, more upscale). I'm not a fan of the Fish House, but they usually have them. Peg Leg's should be your go to, they are having worker issues like a lot of places, and the bay bridge is still jacked up.

Old East Hill Grill will have them, but they are lightly fried, same at Captain Joey Patti's.

Shrimp Basket will have them raw, usually.

Frisky Dolphin (beach) should have them, I haven't been since they opened.

Shaggy's (beach) should have them. Never been there either, looks like a tourist place.

Don't eat at Crabs or Flounders. (beach)

Go get crawfish from Cub's Crawfish TH-SUN.

Don't get upset if oysters are listed "from xxxxx bay" they all come from a bay, but are all called Gulf Oysters. Never hurts to just call these places to double check, Peg Legs will most definitely have them, get the Grouper nuggets while you are at it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Great info. Thank you! Heading out in the morning.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Absolutely do not go there.

Peg Leg Pete's (beach) will have them, Grand Marlin (beach) should have them (more expensive place, more upscale). I'm not a fan of the Fish House, but they usually have them. Peg Leg's should be your go to, they are having worker issues like a lot of places, and the bay bridge is still jacked up.

Old East Hill Grill will have them, but they are lightly fried, same at Captain Joey Patti's.

Shrimp Basket will have them raw, usually.

Frisky Dolphin (beach) should have them, I haven't been since they opened.

Shaggy's (beach) should have them. Never been there either, looks like a tourist place.

Don't eat at Crabs or Flounders. (beach)

Go get crawfish from Cub's Crawfish TH-SUN.

Don't get upset if oysters are listed "from xxxxx bay" they all come from a bay, but are all called Gulf Oysters. Never hurts to just call these places to double check, Peg Legs will most definitely have them, get the Grouper nuggets while you are at it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#5]
They won't be Florida oysters. Apalachicola Bay is shut down until 2025.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They won't be Florida oysters. Apalachicola Bay is shut down until 2025.
View Quote

At least.

The ones from Louisiana are great, from what my friends tell me (I don't eat the things). Pensacola raises oysters now, they are supposed to be very good, but expensive, over priced is what I have been told.

I honestly don't think people could really tell the difference if the name wasn't printed or written on a board. People sure put a lot of stuff on raw oysters for them being "the greatest thing in the world" lol.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Peg Legs is where I would go. But as posted above,  traffic is going to be nuts. Hell there was a wreck on Avalon Blvd just before Garçon Bridge today and traffic was a standstill. I took a back road to get to the bridge and it was still at least an hour drive from I-10/Avalon exit to Gulf Breeze.
Weather is nice and it’s Mother’s Day weekend.

The traffic is insane and tourists camping in the left lane on I-10 aren’t helping it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top