Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2021 11:56:44 AM EDT
For business reasons I may have to move closer to the Miami area—say within an 1 hour drive (not including traffic).  I know it’s the liberal and all the negatives politically but where is there a nice place to live along the cost for lets say ~1 million bucks for here house?  Don’t care much about schools but food, bars, etc are important.  Then I have to hunt for either land or a house not in a development because I refuse to live in an HOA.  I don’t think I’ll sell my house on Amelia Island in case I decide to go back.  

My other choice may be Naples but I understand the same issues.   Any help there would be great too.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
For business reasons I may have to move closer to the Miami area—say within an 1 hour drive (not including traffic).  I know it’s the liberal and all the negatives politically but where is there a nice place to live along the cost for lets say ~1 million bucks for here house?  Don’t care much about schools but food, bars, etc are important.  Then I have to hunt for either land or a house not in a development because I refuse to live in an HOA.  I don’t think I’ll sell my house on Amelia Island in case I decide to go back.  

My other choice may be Naples but I understand the same issues.   Any help there would be great too.

View Quote

Your going to be limited to condos if you want something near the water for around one million.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
first
you will have to decipher the " not including traffic" part
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
first
you will have to decipher the " not including traffic" part
View Quote

It means I know traffic sucks around Miami.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Your going to be limited to condos if you want something near the water for around one million.
View Quote

I should clarify near the water.  10-20 minute drive is near the water fo rme.  I don't want to be an hour west of Miami where I am an hour from the ocean.  

I don't even know what towns are any good?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#5]
aventura
bel harbor might be bal
north miami area
hallindale beach you can have whatever you want in these areas  your an hour from everywhere

dania beach hollywood ? eh

Coral Gables is to the south of miami out of control hot spot big bucks nice
big bucks
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
aventura
bel harbor might be bal
north miami area
hallindale beach you can have whatever you want in these areas  your an hour from everywhere

dania beach hollywood ? eh

Coral Gables is to the south of miami out of control hot spot big bucks nice
big bucks
View Quote

Are these reasonably safe place to live?  Thanks BTW for helping.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Condos on the beach are 2 mil and up in Nipples.
House with land on the beach is 75 mil.

Didn't really want to bust this guys bubble plus I need reprogramed by the new administration
and may go off before that happens.

Good news is he can be my neighbor for $200,000 and live across the street from Fred and 4 pit bulls.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Darn it. I need to vent. Gonna be really tough to reprogram me.
So sorry for the tangent.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#9]
aventura area  is spetnaz gru
so id say pretty safe

its actually nice
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]
most of Miami is Sovereign
its not really the USA  trust me
IT IS BUT IS ISNT
it has its own rules especially with driving
there are some really nice places to go and to live its 2 suns hot in the summer  
and under no circumstances ever ever make fun or say anything bad about gloria esteban whilst in Miami
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Condos on the beach are 2 mil and up in Nipples.
House with land on the beach is 75 mil.

Didn't really want to bust this guys bubble plus I need reprogramed by the new administration
and may go off before that happens.

Good news is he can be my neighbor for $200,000 and live across the street from Fred and 4 pit bulls.
View Quote

Yeah I in know way expect to be beach front.  I just want to be within driving distance to a beach.  

I'm also gonna have to expand the budget a bit it appears.  

Pricing looks more favorable in Naples as long as your inland.  Is it a nice place?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Darn it. I need to vent. Gonna be really tough to reprogram me.
So sorry for the tangent.

View Quote

It's ok.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#13]
i vented yesterday  just short of a time out
ammo related
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Is it a nice place?
View Quote

So nice that everyone wants to be here all winter. (traffic)

Summer is special.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Why not try some local real estate professionals who specialize in relocations?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Are these reasonably safe place to live?
View Quote

Here's the thing...could be safe then 3 blocks over a war zone.  There is a problem where builders & real estate people build up nice areas around a hood to beautify it. Hoping the bad eliminates will move away.  
You likely will want to look west & drive in like most do.  And good luck finding a non HOA place.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#17]
With the op’s budget he could be 10 minutes max from the Gulf in Naples and have a little left over .
East side of 41 .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top