Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2021 4:39:02 PM EDT
I've been a member on here for a few years but never posted. Recently relocated from CT to FL (I swear, SB-370 didn't follow me down here). I used to run a home based FFL in Connecticut. Not looking to get into the business again after the move, so I'll have to find a local FFL. Any recommendations for one in the New Smyrna Beach (Volusia County) area? Looking forward to being a more active member on the forum.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Howdy neighbor.

Local shops are Edgewater Gun Shop on Park Ave and Smyrna Shooter Supply on US1.

Top Gun Volusia is near the flea market in Daytona. Has an indoor range with bar and grill. I haven't been there since the moved from the small location in south Daytona years ago.

Florida Gun Exchange is in Ormond. Worth a drive to waste some time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Howdy neighbor.

Local shops are Edgewater Gun Shop on Park Ave and Smyrna Shooter Supply on US1.

Top Gun Volusia is near the flea market in Daytona. Has an indoor range with bar and grill. I haven't been there since the moved from the small location in south Daytona years ago.

Florida Gun Exchange is in Ormond. Worth a drive to waste some time.
View Quote

I stopped into the older Top Gun location a while back when I was visiting the area. Haven't been to the new one yet. Thank you for the other recommendations. I'll check them out. I also plan on visiting the Strickland range and maybe the Volusia County Gun Club.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:26:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I stopped into the older Top Gun location a while back when I was visiting the area. Haven't been to the new one yet.
View Quote

The new one is nothing like the old one (in a good way).  Just remember, shoot before drinking.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:32:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I also plan on visiting the Strickland range and maybe the Volusia County Gun Club.
View Quote

Come visit the VCGHC.  Open Range days (non-members) are Mon and Wed.  But, if you come by any day when things are kinda quiet (Saturday is a bad bet), one of the RSOs will give you the tour.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to Florida. Where were you from in ct? I relocated in 2017 myself and restarted my business here. Join Florida carry, they do good things here in Florida. Like ccdl does and vcdl.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Come visit the VCGHC.  Open Range days (non-members) are Mon and Wed.  But, if you come by any day when things are kinda quiet (Saturday is a bad bet), one of the RSOs will give you the tour.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thank you.

Quoted:
Welcome to Florida. Where were you from in ct? I relocated in 2017 myself and restarted my business here. Join Florida carry, they do good things here in Florida. Like ccdl does and vcdl.

Grew up in Hartford but lived in Enfield for the last 10 years. Just joined FL Carry.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#7]
You have a great spot to watch the rockets go up! Should be one tomorrow morning around 8:30

https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/launches-and-events/events-calendar/2021/january/rocket-launch-spacex-starlink-16

https://www.spacex.com/
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thank you.

Grew up in Hartford but lived in Enfield for the last 10 years. Just joined FL Carry.
View Quote

Moved from New Fairfield in 2016 welcome to FL and Freedom
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice, I was in terryville, and middlebury before we moved. Wasn't easy to pack up everything including a successful 3rd gen business and move but it was so gratifying.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to Florida, we need more conservative voices.

A drive to Deland might be worthwhile if you like to look at guns.

AAA Gun&Pawn has a HUGE inventory. Takes me an hour to work the perimeter!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I haven’t been in there since the Covid thing , so maybe they’re all gone now...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Spent a lot of time in Daytona and Port Orange before making the move down here. Don't know if I've ever been to DeLand but the shop looks like it's worth a visit. Rocket launch was postponed until tomorrow because of weather. Would be pretty cool to see one go up though. Thanks again for the recommendations. I'll definitely miss the New England pizza and beer but not the taxes and snow shoveling. Still have a lot of family up north and will have to travel up for work a few times a year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top