Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/17/2020 7:43:04 PM EDT
For those ARFCOMers that were out there this weekend and wanted to keep in touch post in here. Post up your pictures and video from this weekend as well!

Had a great time with like minded people and Bob put on a hell of a class!
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad you enjoyed it. I was serious when I said the class was progressing and shooting very well. I kind of felt like the Maytag repair man at times with nothing instructional to add.

I also appreciated the keen attention to safety. It was HOT as hell and it interfered some with the class tempo, but we managed to get through most of the material and we had no injuries.

A success in my book.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#2]
checking in.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 11:29:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Howdy! It was a great time, I really enjoyed the instruction and meeting everyone there.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Daniel  checking in!  

Class was a blast.  I wore a couple of spots through the skin in my hands from my Ar.  Bob is a hoot and very knowledgeable.. I just wish we had more war stories ;)
We learned a ton of stuff, enough to keep us busy for the next few months with practice and trying to get it down.  

Just  a word to anyone else reading this.. If you have a wife, girlfriend or daughter interested in taking the class and learning,  Do it.   Try to have them as familliar with
their weapon as possible going into it.  Bob and his assistant John worked great with my girlfriend and she always felt welcome.  The other guys in the class were great as well.

Its extremely important we get our wives, girlfriends and daughters out learning and doing and supporting the 2nd amendment.   They make up half of the population.  

Think about that.

To the guys in class, if you have FB  send me a message with your full name and ill add you.  If you want my number, send me a message and send you my number.

Thanks everyone for a great class and Thanks Bob for the opportunity!

also for letting me run 3 mags though!    
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DamonSriv:
Daniel  checking in!  

Class was a blast.  I wore a couple of spots through the skin in my hands from my Ar.  Bob is a hoot and very knowledgeable.. I just wish we had more war stories ;) 
We learned a ton of stuff, enough to keep us busy for the next few months with practice and trying to get it down.   

Just  a word to anyone else reading this.. If you have a wife, girlfriend or daughter interested in taking the class and learning,  Do it.   Try to have them as familliar with 
their weapon as possible going into it.  Bob and his assistant John worked great with my girlfriend and she always felt welcome.  The other guys in the class were great as well.

Its extremely important we get our wives, girlfriends and daughters out learning and doing and supporting the 2nd amendment.   They make up half of the population.  

Think about that.

To the guys in class, if you have FB  send me a message with your full name and ill add you.  If you want my number, send me a message and send you my number.

Thanks everyone for a great class and Thanks Bob for the opportunity!

also for letting me run 3 mags though!    
View Quote

You got a good crew there... it's nice to see like-minded friends training together... they are the ones you will be able to trust and count on to have your back.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Checking in! Great class and awesome training. Sorry I bailed on y’all mid-day Sunday. Look forward to keeping in touch.

Sorry about the SBR 308 ear ringing. :)
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you to everyone for checking in! Daniel I'll PM you. I don't have a FB but I'll send you my number.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mudfoot:
Checking in! Great class and awesome training. Sorry I bailed on y’all mid-day Sunday. Look forward to keeping in touch.

Sorry about the SBR 308 ear ringing. :)
View Quote

WHAT?!!?? Seriously though I might need new filling in my teeth. I'll send you the bill!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:

You got a good crew there... it's nice to see like-minded friends training together... they are the ones you will be able to trust and count on to have your back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Daniel  checking in!  

Class was a blast.  I wore a couple of spots through the skin in my hands from my Ar.  Bob is a hoot and very knowledgeable.. I just wish we had more war stories ;) 
We learned a ton of stuff, enough to keep us busy for the next few months with practice and trying to get it down.   

Just  a word to anyone else reading this.. If you have a wife, girlfriend or daughter interested in taking the class and learning,  Do it.   Try to have them as familliar with 
their weapon as possible going into it.  Bob and his assistant John worked great with my girlfriend and she always felt welcome.  The other guys in the class were great as well.

Its extremely important we get our wives, girlfriends and daughters out learning and doing and supporting the 2nd amendment.   They make up half of the population.  

Think about that.

To the guys in class, if you have FB  send me a message with your full name and ill add you.  If you want my number, send me a message and send you my number.

Thanks everyone for a great class and Thanks Bob for the opportunity!

also for letting me run 3 mags though!    

You got a good crew there... it's nice to see like-minded friends training together... they are the ones you will be able to trust and count on to have your back.

That's exactly it! My wife wants to come to the next one now. I have a good friend that I shoot with but convincing him that he needs to take a class has been difficult. He's the typical "you can't teach me anything" type unfortunately.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad you enjoyed it. I was serious when I said the class was progressing and shooting very well. I kind of felt like the Maytag repair man at times with nothing instructional to add.

I also appreciated the keen attention to safety. It was HOT as hell and it interfered some with the class tempo, but we managed to get through most of the material and we had no injuries.

A success in my book.
View Quote

Everyone had good weapon manipulation skills and muzzle discipline! Bob I'm definitely looking forward to a class later in the year. Hopefully everyone from this weekend can make it out there again!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Long hair don't care

Thanks for the pics

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I know people have more pics, post em up.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By BoostKING:

WHAT?!!?? Seriously though I might need new filling in my teeth. I'll send you the bill! 
View Quote

HA! Waivers were signed brother!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#13]

That's exactly it! My wife wants to come to the next one now. I have a good friend that I shoot with but convincing him that he needs to take a class has been difficult. He's the typical "you can't teach me anything" type unfortunately.
View Quote

It's unfortunate people feel that way. Attending classes is not necessarily about "learning something"... even experienced shooters continue going to classes simply to keep their skills sharp, network with others, and just have fun.

That's why I have very few "must haves" in my lesson plan... like I said, if you're safe and efficient, and you hit where you intend, then I need to STFU and let you do you. Maybe if you tell him that's the kind of class we had he might join us.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#14]

It's unfortunate people feel that way. Attending classes is not necessarily about "learning something"... even experienced shooters continue going to classes simply to keep their skills sharp, network with others, and just have fun.

That's why I have very few "must haves" in my lesson plan... like I said, if you're safe and efficient, and you hit where you intend, then I need to STFU and let you do you. Maybe if you tell him that's the kind of class we had he might join us.
View All Quotes

That's exactly it! My wife wants to come to the next one now. I have a good friend that I shoot with but convincing him that he needs to take a class has been difficult. He's the typical "you can't teach me anything" type unfortunately.

It's unfortunate people feel that way. Attending classes is not necessarily about "learning something"... even experienced shooters continue going to classes simply to keep their skills sharp, network with others, and just have fun.

That's why I have very few "must haves" in my lesson plan... like I said, if you're safe and efficient, and you hit where you intend, then I need to STFU and let you do you. Maybe if you tell him that's the kind of class we had he might join us.

I agree completely about constantly learning. This is definitely a perishable skill. I'm going to try again when the next class opens up and convince him. My wife really wants to go now that she knows Daniel and his wife were there together!

Bob please keep us updated with future classes!

Everyone else post up your pictures! I'm working on the gopro video more tonight and will post it here when it's done.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:
Long hair don't care

Thanks for the pics

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/453332/6356_jpeg-1421802.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/453332/6357_jpeg-1421803.JPG

I know people have more pics, post em up.
View Quote

The SAS operator. Needs more gas mask
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#16]

The SAS operator. Needs more gas mask 
View Quote

I'll find one and bring a USP next time as well lol
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#18]
John here.  As always, it was a great time out at Bob’s place this weekend. I’ve assisted him with several of these courses now and I will repeat what I told you all in person which is this was a very squared away group and you all did great.  As Bob mentioned, the heat did affect class tempo but your progression through the drills made up for most of that lost time.  You all should be commended on your performance this weekend.

It is always good to meet new likeminded people and I thank you all for the fellowship and kind words.  And as always, a big thanks to my good friend Bob for the hospitality and opportunity to assist.  Training is what brought us together a few years ago and I value the friendship and his company out in the field during our night hunts.  Looking forward to cooler weather in the fall to link back up with everyone.  Stay safe!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#19]

"That guy pulled that shit on my range I'd throw his ass out".....
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#20]
 I'm working on the gopro video more tonight and will post it here when it's done.
View Quote

IM sent... please no video.

Sorry, but there are numerous reasons for the request, e-mail me and I'll be glad to share them with you.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#21]

"That guy pulled that shit on my range I'd throw his ass out".....
View Quote

Now that is funny!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#22]

IM sent... please no video.

Sorry, but there are numerous reasons for the request, e-mail me and I'll be glad to share them with you.
View Quote

This is where we find out bob is a wanted felon
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#23]
This is where we find out bob is a wanted felon
View Quote

LOL. So much for the witness protection program.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#24]

"That guy pulled that shit on my range I'd throw his ass out".....
View Quote

Well, some people are afraid of the dark, going out in public, or putting 91 octane in their SxS. Ehh, screw it. Run the drill.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Sorry, but there are numerous reasons for the request, e-mail me and I'll be glad to share them with you.
View All Quotes
 I'm working on the gopro video more tonight and will post it here when it's done.

I respect that Bob, no videos will be posted
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Well, some people are afraid of the dark, going out in public, or putting 91 octane in their SxS. Ehh, screw it. Run the drill.
View Quote

to be fair, going out in public is scary.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Well, some people are afraid of .... putting 91 octane in their SxS. Ehh, screw it. Run the drill.
View Quote

LMAO!
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:55:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Hey Bob,

When are you gonna start selling some of those grim reaper t-shirts?

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 4:46:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By burney:
Hey Bob,

When are you gonna start selling some of those grim reaper t-shirts?

View Quote

I've been meaning to order some.

Your boy Nigel stopped by, was good seeing him.

ETA- looks like I might pull off a PR class late Sept, early Oct... a spot will be saved for you.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#30]

I've been meaning to order some.

Your boy Nigel stopped by, was good seeing him.

ETA- looks like I might pull off a PR class late Sept, early Oct... a spot will be saved for you.
View Quote

Don't be giving away our spots now!
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Don't be giving away our spots now!
View Quote

LOL... not a chance. Your crew will not only be the core of the class but the date will be yours to pick as well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#32]

LOL... not a chance. Your crew will not only be the core of the class but the date will be yours to pick as well.
View Quote

So its their fault if its hot as fuck or raining.

Noted.

Don't fuck it up guys.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#33]

So its their fault if its hot as fuck or raining.

Noted.

Don't fuck it up guys.
View All Quotes

LOL... not a chance. Your crew will not only be the core of the class but the date will be yours to pick as well.

So its their fault if its hot as fuck or raining.

Noted.

Don't fuck it up guys.

Well fuck, looks like I have to go buy a precision rifle now so I can get in on this as well. I've been eyeballing a savage m110 lately.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#34]

Well fuck, looks like I have to go buy a precision rifle now so I can get in on this as well. I've been eyeballing a savage m110 lately.  
View Quote

I hear those are nice.

I'm a Tikka fanboy myself.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#35]

I hear those are nice.

I'm a Tikka fanboy myself.
View All Quotes

Well fuck, looks like I have to go buy a precision rifle now so I can get in on this as well. I've been eyeballing a savage m110 lately.  

I hear those are nice.

I'm a Tikka fanboy myself.

I've never owned one. My issue is I have to find something left handed and Savage has multiple lefties.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

LOL... look who's talking. Because of you and Matt I now have to go down the pistol red dot rabbit hole... so we're even.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#37]

LOL... look who's talking. Because of you and Matt I now have to go down the pistol red dot rabbit hole... so we're even.
View Quote

Ha! Cool. I’m not getting blamed for this one.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Ha! Cool. I’m not getting blamed for this one. 
View Quote

Actually Sir you are the ring leader....
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Way cool thread.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Bob - do you ever have an 'old geezers' class? 

asking for a friend.  
View Quote

I'm in. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Bob - do you ever have an 'old geezers' class? 

asking for a friend.  
View Quote

I think anyone on ARFCOM who has taken my class will agree the class is good to go for ANYONE.

I'm not into the hype of what many call "advanced" material because, running and gunning, and all the other Super Seal Team 6 stuff that's over the top isn't reality of civilian self-defense, simply put, there is nothing "advanced". "Advanced", if there is such a thing, is nothing more than applying the basic faster and smoother. I have a real-world back ground and live fire experience to back up what I say.

The only thing that made this last class challenging was the heat... it was hot.

I've had girls in their teens and guys in their late 60's take my class with zero issues.

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Iamhere:
Way cool thread. 
View Quote

You should seriously consider coming and hanging out with us for a weekend. Burn some powder, share some war stories, do some training, eat some good food, enjoy a great meal, and have a good smoke (if you like cigars).

I try hard to make it as personal as possible, minus the commercial aspects of making a small amount for my time.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#44]

I think anyone on ARFCOM who has taken my class will agree the class is good to go for ANYONE.

I'm not into the hype of what many call "advanced" material because, running and gunning, and all the other Super Seal Team 6 stuff that's over the top isn't reality of civilian self-defense, simply put, there is nothing "advanced". "Advanced", if there is such a thing, is nothing more than applying the basic faster and smoother. I have a real-world back ground and live fire experience to back up what I say. 

The only thing that made this last class challenging was the heat... it was hot. 

I've had girls in their teens and guys in their late 60's take my class with zero issues. 

View Quote

Couldn’t be any more true!

Everything he teaches is real world, explainable, applicable and attainable. Bob pushes fundamentals that shooters need to train with and keep training. Once mastered, they are skills that will keep you alive and going.
The drills may seem slow at first compared to the high speed low drag instructors, but they are only fast in class because they have done them a thousand times.
Bobs classes are safe, instructive, and worth five times the cost. He is teaching top notch skills and techniques in a way that EVERYONE can learn and progress with.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Can we incorporate the "off duty Brazilian cop" drill into the next class?

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#48]

I only asked because I don't move around well these days and wouldn't want to be an obstacle to the class as a whole.  

It does sound like a great class and a good time though - I hope make it up there one day.
View Quote

After 8.7 seconds of the heat last weekend I don't think ANY of us were moving around that well.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#49]

I only asked because I don't move around well these days and wouldn't want to be an obstacle to the class as a whole.  

It does sound like a great class and a good time though - I hope make it up there one day.
View Quote

I'm 71 but can move pretty good. You live kind of close.

If I can help anytime just light up my envelope.

Would give you my phone number but don't answer it anyway.

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#50]
You will be fine in the class. We had a guy or two that had to sit early. We had a gentleman with only one working eye.. so adjustments had to be made for this.  My girlfriend was using 6 round mags in her G43 while everyone else was rocking 15+ rounds. Bob adjusted.

SurtrsFire only has one testicle..(and a small one at that). But he made it through the class just fine.

Do it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top