Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2020 12:59:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Well crap.... I heard him briefly but didn't hear the whole press conference. Sounded like he was pretty irritated with the system we had in place.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Rick Scott screwed us all and we put him in the Senate for it. Second verse, same as the first...
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I understand making unemployment hard to obtain.

However, in this case the government shut the economy down in a panic; now they are in a world of shit, and should be helping the people they screwed.  Ron got handed a really bad situation.  

He better come up with something fast or I agree with OP.

All I see around me is sheep scared shitless, and waiting for the government to save them.  Sad, very sad!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 2:40:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#6]
The recipient class always votes dhimmicrat.  This not much of an issue as will be the hundreds of thousands of  Puerto Ricans living here now.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 8:18:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't know about the recipient class, but my son was laid off when the governor ordered restaurants and bars closed.  He applied for unemployment within a day, and has heard nothing.  His company hasn't received any "stimulus" money and can't afford to pay him so he's on his own.  Most days you can't check on your status because the site is down.  The government started this shit, and has left most high and dry to fend for themselves.  

I personally know doctors and dentists who's practices are zero.  This business of economic destruction is just getting started.  Wait for the secondary and following levels of layoffs that are coming.  I have little confidence the State of Florida or the Federal Government can "save" us now.  The Florida State budget especially will get hammered.  Who will make up the budget shortfalls  The tax payers of course!!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#8]
My job ultimately traces back to FDOT for the most part, and I've made a few grim jokes about how I won't have to worry about unemployment until we're all  living in Mad Max world anyway. I'm not convinced we'll make it all the way there but sure seems like the powers that be are trying their best
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#10]
their system is a decades old piece of underpowed shit, they should be embarrassed.  Typical govt project unlimited money to piss away  on shit they don't  need but can't even get a web site to work . One of my pet peeves.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 4:20:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 6:01:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#17]
DeSantis has shown poor leadership, I hope a Republican runs against him
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 6:39:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AcidGambit:
DeSantis has shown poor leadership, I hope a Republican runs against him
View Quote

Amazing how fast we throw our own kind under the bus. Now I know why Democrats win so many elections.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 6:46:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:04:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Holding our own to the higher standard they claim to represent isn't a bad thing. Why is this happening?

Florida medical examiners were releasing coronavirus death data. The state made them atop.
View Quote

Was there any "leader" any where that didn't screw this plandemic up? I dont pretend to know how to run a state or city and I dont blame De Santis anymore than everyone else that had this thrown in there lap. I still support him and pray this will end sometime soon . Maybe the lard ass meth head Gillum would have handled it better. When it come to Republicans good luck finding someone better than Ron for your primary challenge.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CZRider:
Rick Scott screwed us all and we put him in the Senate for it. Second verse, same as the first...
View Quote

Hell I was lucky enough to be screwed by him when Columbia bought out HCA.  

Raises went from merit based 3-8% (3% or 8% required documentation and paperwork for HR) to flat 3% across the board.  Spending on things like the cafeteria food (we had award winning food), grounds (award winning gardens, public access) and public/community events (massive sunrise easter services, impressive lgihts display for christmas, massive out door services for Sukkot, etc) were totally removed as was the budget for the annual employee-and-family picnic (bunch of the docs got together and started covering costs instead)

Then I changed jobs in the late 90s to working for the state, then he gets elected to the gubners chair and guess what happens?

Link Posted: 5/1/2020 2:10:30 AM EDT
[#22]
It’s like DrudgeReport on here with all these negative media reports.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm not holding Desantis responsible for this.  He still has my vote.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:16:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mustb123:
But he has a R next to his name = must vote for him or Hillary will win!
View Quote

Firing Nelson was nice, though.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:44:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Not trying to be a dick but did De Santis do something to you ? Seems like you actively post bad shit about the man all the time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:20:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Good firing.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#30]

Another great article that describes how well the state planned for the pending crisis and managed it effectively.  As distorted as the headline is, even the reporter couldn’t change the facts regarding the success of the early planning and response.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:34:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Considering the potential death, he did a great job.  Anyone looking at this objectively can see that.

Florida has lead by example, but the left wingers will continue to twist small problems into major issues in an attempt to effect the upcoming election.  DeSantis and Trump are tied at the hip.  If they can make it appear that DeSantis failed they vicariously nail Trump.

How about looking at Coumo or Newsom for failure?

On a side note, DeSantis also needs to cut Sheriff Tony loose.  That was a mistake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top