Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/16/2020 6:00:47 PM EDT
Talking to some people in the restaurant business in st Augustine. They said they are having a meeting with the mayor to see if restaurants will be opened or closed this week.

Has anyone else heard of activities in Florida being shut down?
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Most don't have the legal authority to do it, but the sheeple will fall in line.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most don't have the legal authority to do it, but the sheeple will fall in line.
View Quote
Restaurants need state license to operate. State yanks license what you going to do, sue?
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Restaurants need state license to operate. State yanks license what you going to do, sue?
View Quote
Due process before that happens.

Quit standing in the boxcar line.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Spring break is alive and doing well over here.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Them box cars have showers I'm told.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#8]
We did Spring Break last week and everything was closing today. All the amusement parks, aquariums, etc. The restaurants/bars hadn't been mentioned at that point.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 7:11:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Right now at 1 month suspension of the volunteer program in Sarasota Co, Parks closed, main one being the Knights Trail shooting range. Fishing yesterday at the north jetty and the beach area was packed!
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Alachua county gov't offices closed, High Springs gov't offices closed, schools closed until the 15th, all Disney venues closed.  List goes on.

When they close the Waffle House, then we will know the end times are upon us.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#11]
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/03/17/florida-governor-suspends-all-nightclubs-and-bars-for-30-days-due-to-coronavirus/
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Somebody does not understand how emergency powers work.  The POTUS, State Governors and some Mayors have extraordinary and scary powers.
The Governors always have the National Guard.  NG 4, Kent Sate 0.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Seems like everything.  I just moved into Flagler county this week...
Much better then in Broward but response is still very similar
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#14]
My AC was out today. I went to the parts store and found the doors locked with a sign. I had to sit in my truck, call them, complete the sale over the phone, and wait until they poked their heads out the door, dropped the part in a box, and quickly closed the doors again.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 1:12:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 1:14:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 7:39:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The Governor very much has the powers to do it. Our State Constitution has vested him with these powers during declared states of emergency and they are enumerated and detailed in state statute.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Governor very much has the powers to do it. Our State Constitution has vested him with these powers during declared states of emergency and they are enumerated and detailed in state statute.
Yes, but the question originally focused on mayors. Cities.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#18]
All bars here in Monroe, some are staying open and restaurants don’t adhere to the 50% deal and 6 foot separation. Most tourists have bailed, save for the idiots from dade and broward that are using this as a vacation; haven’t seen it such a ghost town since post-storms. There is no traffic SB to speak of but NB with yankee tags, RV’s, and rental cars are plentiful. Banks are limiting to $2500 withdrawals and closing lobbies today, but I was told that’s due to robbery concerns and the resort on my island here is empty and lots of cancellations daily. Publix was pretty stocked except TP and PT and spaghetti, everyone was local so it was a very friendly trip, zero rudeness around town and only saw one older gentleman with gloves an an N95 on. Pretty much everyone here is friendly when it’s not tourist season and the driving has certainly mellowed out. Strange times.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Right now at 1 month suspension of the volunteer program in Sarasota Co, Parks closed, main one being the Knights Trail shooting range. Fishing yesterday at the north jetty and the beach area was packed!
View Quote
Not the entire park, I shot trap last night, they have no plans to close any of the ranges.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well, in a 24 hour period, FL jumped 100 cases and that's with our lack of testing. We're going to exponentially grow in cases due to our larger population and the stupidity of our resident "just the flu bro" 'tards.
View Quote
Maybe I'm a partial 'tard.

We had our first death in Jax. Dude was 83. I've heard the average age of those dying is either 60 or 80. Either way, they're older victims. I read about a 21-y-o soccer coach in Spain who died. Oh, by the way, he also has leukemia. So is the virus really the major killer or is it simply more impactful to those with other health issues?
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 6:51:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Pinellas County board of supervisors just voted to close ALL beaches for two weeks.  Over the objection of the Sheriff and despite the County Attorney's warning that closing the beaches but leaving beachfront businesses open effectively kills those businesses.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/03/19/coronavirus-pinellas-commissioners-to-discuss-countys-open-beaches-in-emergency-meeting/
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 7:45:26 AM EDT
[#23]
I had an appointment next week for title work, tags and ccw at the tax collectors office next week. Got an email saying my appointment was cancelled, because all the offices are closed for at least a month
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Chick fil a by the house put "drive thru only" on their sign. Rumors of Ybor City in Tampa shutting down and boarding up were found to be false. Shoot Straight Tampa was open as usual the other day. Range was mostly empty but they were selling a ton of guns and ammo was getting real thin. Spouse's company has gone entirely to working from home. Lots of people in my office have been going remote as well but standing orders are still to show up.

Never did find all those NG the guy in GD mentioned the other day either. Kind of disappoint
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 8:51:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Someone’s telling me the fl governor made an announcement just now closing all restaurants?
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Someone’s telling me the fl governor made an announcement just now closing all restaurants?
View Quote

Yes, restaurants can still take orders for delivery or pickup but can't have customers dining inside.
https://www.wesh.com/article/florida-bans-restaurants-no-food-alcohol-on-premises/31819413

Feel sorry for the waitstaff that depends on the tips they get!
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:19:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Local beaches open to local residents?
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Escambia and Santa Rosa beaches are all closed.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Local beaches open to local residents?
View Quote
Not in Jax. My friends recently bought a place at the beach and the barricades were going up yesterday. Police and lifeguards patrolling and supposedly you'll be cited for trespassing. St. Augustine was still open.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#34]
DeSantis shuts down gyms, non-emergency medical procedures, and more

Earlier in the day, he issued four executive orders in rapid fire succession that mandated federal social-distancing guidelines in nearly every aspect of life in the Sunshine State.

In Broward and Palm Beach counties, the epicenter for the virus in Florida, DeSantis ordered all movie theaters, concert houses, auditoriums, playhouses, bowling alleys, and arcades closed.

Statewide, he closed all restaurants and taverns for on-site dining. And all commercial gymnasiums and fitness studios will be shuttered until at least May 8, when the declared state of emergency is scheduled to expire.

With another executive order, DeSantis banned hospitals, surgery centers and dental offices from performing any "non-urgent" procedure so long as the delay does not contribute to “the worsening of a serious or life-threatening” condition.

And DeSantis temporarily lifted a legal requirement for local governments to have a physical quorum present to conduct business.

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

She is a 'tard.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Pernod Ricard
Quoted:
Since restaurants are now take out only. Alcohol orders can be taken to go.
View Quote

I would advise all alcohol sales be made at WM, WD, Fresh Market, Whole Foods or Target.
Suggested purchasing the following;
Beam Brands
Tito's
Bacardi Brands
Campari Brands
Deutsch Brands
Trinchero Family Estates

Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:19:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Orange and Oceola counties under curfew, 11 pm to 5 am as of Friday, seems a bit overboard.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Orange and Oceola counties under curfew, 11 pm to 5 am as of Friday, seems a bit overboard.
View Quote
Sips coffee...turns on local news...

" shooting in orange county......car jacking in orange county....3 rob store 1 shot orange county....police chase stolen car down I4...... 48 yr old orange county man attacks alligator with dildo ."

Thats probably why...
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:55:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I had an appointment next week for title work, tags and ccw at the tax collectors office next week. Got an email saying my appointment was cancelled, because all the offices are closed for at least a month
View Quote
My car registration expires next month and I need to get my title transferred from out of state so I can get it plated here. Can anyone tell me if that's possible right now, or do I just have to wait for the tax collectors offices to open back up?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Fuck me. Looks like the surgery I had scheduled to repair my knee on Friday just got canceled.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Here is a pretty cool dashboard for the state statistics on Covid. It also shows global numbers but you can drill down to counties in Florida and see some interesting details I am not seeing reported otherwise.  Click the link, scroll down and open the dashboard which is live updated.

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Fuck me. Looks like the surgery I had scheduled to repair my knee on Friday just got canceled.
View Quote

Yep, wife's knee surgery was canceled also.  DeSantis canceled all non life saving surgery.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Where I am, everything feels like business as usual.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:36:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:21:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Well ain’t that some shit.  The medical marijuana lawyer isn’t a friend of gun owners
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:55:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Beaches, but the way I’m reading the law, the Counties can only enforce it if you are using County/City owned access. If you own or park at a buddies house on on a right of way, they cannot do jack shit once you are on the beach. Staying in a hotel? Can’t do jack shit to you for going on the beach using the hotel access.

My Mom lives in Naples and they straight up said that people with houses on the beach could be on the beach.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 6:20:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top