Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2020 3:49:49 PM EDT
I am talking about the canals maintained by the SFWMD and/or the County.

Is it legal to canoe and/or fish in them?
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno bout canoeing, but I've fished some of them. Cant wait to do so again.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably full of Snook this time of year.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Most have weirs in them so it is unlikely that they would have snook in them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure which specific canals you’re referring to in Collier, but I pretty much grew up in the SFWMD C-51 canal in W. Palm Beach.  Lived in a house on it, boated, fished, skied, swam, every-single-day...damn fine childhood I was blessed with. Hell I even had a tradition of mooning the SFWMD Headquarters every time I passed by on my kneeboard. They had a nice little lunch patio that overlooked the canal...it was too easy to pass up.

Sorry I can’t help with Collier, but the mere fact that they’re maintained by SWFMD doesn’t mean they’re not open to the public. There may be other local restrictions though, so you might want to check with local authorities.

Might be able to find something here (SFWMD)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top