Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2020 4:49:27 PM EDT
We are kicking off our inaugural Panhandle hike on 2/22/19 @ 9am.

Turkey Creek is a 1.8 Mile round trip.  Ill be using GPS and a stop watch to set a stop point for record keeping purposes at the 3 mile mark.  This is a nature trail in town with easy access parking for the first hike.  Later hikes will be more rural.

Keep in mind Open carry is not legal in FLorida.

We are trying to qualify everyone during this hike as.

b.Provisional.
1.In order to achieve a Provisional rating, a prospective member must complete one hike, 3 miles in length, with at least two other persons unrelated to them as witnesses. The prospective member must complete the hike in under an hour while carrying 25lbs (excluding water weight) in a pack, and a long gun. The prospective member may choose to omit the long gun and instead add an additional 10lbs dry weight to their pack.

This will give everyone a chance to evaluate where they are physically before tackling the 6 mile 2 hour  45lb trip.

Damon
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for info. I might be down.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Where at exactly?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where at exactly?
View Quote
I assume Turkey Creek Park in Niceville. There's a boardwalk along the creek that's right about 1 mile each way.

https://goo.gl/maps/M87f89KKAcD6Sqyr8
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I assume Turkey Creek Park in Niceville. There's a boardwalk along the creek that's right about 1 mile each way.

https://goo.gl/maps/M87f89KKAcD6Sqyr8
View Quote
My apologies for the late reply guys.  I spent the last few days in rural alabama with almost 0 internet.

This is the correct location.  Currently myself and the GF will be attending. It looks like the 3 others that  had commited to attending are not likely going to make it.

Much like most things in life, when push comes to  shove, you see who is really down to shove.  Even if everyone else cancels, we will still be out rucking. Rain or shine.

Send me a message on here and I'll pass on my phone number to anyone wishing to attend.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish I could commit, but Friday I'm in Miami for a meeting that well might go past the last flight home. I really have no clue if I can make it.

Turkey Creek is a very cool place for anyone that goes. My wife and I take our toddler there frequently. I think Eglin EOD did their polar plunge there last weekend.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wish I could commit, but Friday I'm in Miami for a meeting that well might go past the last flight home. I really have no clue if I can make it.

Turkey Creek is a very cool place for anyone that goes. My wife and I take our toddler there frequently. I think Eglin EOD did their polar plunge there last weekend.
View Quote
Its very hard to find the time to make it happen, between life, wife, job , children etc.

We will be around.  Im trying to start a group here as well as a group 3 hours north of Pensacola in central alabama.  My business partner is EOD.

We hope to see you there.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Just a reminder.  Tomorrow is the day. Ill be in the parkinglot  @ 830am  Stretching. If you need more info please DM me!

Damon
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:52:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hope it went well.
View Quote
It went vvery well.  Everyone made time. We did have a floor scale for verifying everyones pack.   There were 6 of us that made it out.

Everyone made provisional with times ranging from 46:30  to 53:43.    The best (worst) part was that its a there and back trail.. so at the end of our 3 mile.. we had a 1 mile hike back to our vehicles.

When I get a little more time this week, ill do a full AAR.

The tall guy in the back Made the trip down from AL to help support our group, so at least two of us will be traveling to central alabama to help get that group started. He made it to the house about 2am, we were back on the  road to the hike site by 7:20am.

More later.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Excellent!  I am very glad to see the cross-border work to support neighboring states. Keep the momentum going!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top